Gibson Brands Forums

Jim Steinman Passed

Sgt. Pepper

22 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Sad emoji's are the new poo emoji's, but it used to be in to use the rainbow unicorn emoji, and I don't think the mods would let us use the middle finger emoji. Is there a Bruce Jenner sex change emoji ( if there was it would be a cleaver chopping a hot dog in two)?

Lol.

• Sad 2

I'll be a peace-maker and diplomat here, and say a quiet prayer for Jim Steinman's family. 

May he rest in peace, and may they find solace in the notion that he made an impact on the music world for a great number of years. 

It's not for me to offer a thumbs-up or a thumbs-down to somebody else's favorite band, album, or genre of music. 
God knows that my cup of tea isn't necessarily going to be your pitcher of martinis. 

But the man produced some really good records for Michael Lee Aday, Bonnie Tyler, Celine Dion, Air Supply, and Barry Manilow. 
Okay, I know that that didn't exactly strengthen my case for mercy and diplomacy in the death of Jim Steinman. 
Air Supply might have been that line in the sand for most of you. 
Barry Manilow perhaps. 

Whatever. 
Show some respect, okay?

😗

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

"Bat Out Of Hell" sold around 50 million copies.   That is apparently the case if all of the people who bought the album are forum members. 

They are, it's just that they only post once, in "Introduce yourself". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This thread is supposed to mark Jim S passing in a positive way. 

No disrespect directed to Jim S. Nor even for those that appreciate his work.

Only exaggerated claims for his popularity have goaded  those of us that didn't, couldn't or wouldn't appreciate his work, to stand up and say so. Thus disproving the claim that we were in a minority of one. 

Jim obviously was successful and appreciated sufficiently enough. My condolences to his fans. QED

Wow, the outpouring of emotion here is really moving ... Jim Steinman was extremely talented, without a doubt.  But it was Meat Loaf who made it all come to life.  For those that do not know, Meat Loaf was one of the most impressive stage performers of our time.  His performances along with the elaborate stage sets and a large band made for legendary concerts.  Also, probably the best songs Ted Nugent ever recorded were the 4+ tracks he recorded with Meat Loaf (for any 70s Ted fans, that is well worth seeking out if you have not heard it ...).

RIP, sir ... we may not be saddened.  But I am ....

Jim-Steinman-with-Meatloaf-Getty.jpg

4 hours ago, 01GT eibach said:

Wow, the outpouring of emotion here is really moving ... Jim Steinman was extremely talented, without a doubt.  But it was Meat Loaf who made it all come to life.  For those that do not know, Meat Loaf was one of the most impressive stage performers of our time.  His performances along with the elaborate stage sets and a large band made for legendary concerts.  Also, probably the best songs Ted Nugent ever recorded were the 4+ tracks he recorded with Meat Loaf (for any 70s Ted fans, that is well worth seeking out if you have not heard it ...).

RIP, sir ... we may not be saddened.  But I am ....

Jim-Steinman-with-Meatloaf-Getty.jpg

Yep The Loaf sang on Free For All. I remember listening to it about 12 years ago. It was the first time in along while. I said that sounds like Meat Loaf singing. Looked at the album credits and it was him. Him and Derek were, and are 10 times better singers than Nug. Nug is of course 10 millions times the annoying attitude of anyone. The Bat Out Of Hell album cover is killer too.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 4/22/2021 at 8:56 PM, sparquelito said:

I'll be a peace-maker and diplomat here, and say a quiet prayer for Jim Steinman's family. 

May he rest in peace, and may they find solace in the notion that he made an impact on the music world for a great number of years. 

It's not for me to offer a thumbs-up or a thumbs-down to somebody else's favorite band, album, or genre of music. 
God knows that my cup of tea isn't necessarily going to be your pitcher of martinis. 

But the man produced some really good records for Michael Lee Aday, Bonnie Tyler, Celine Dion, Air Supply, and Barry Manilow. 
Okay, I know that that didn't exactly strengthen my case for mercy and diplomacy in the death of Jim Steinman. 
Air Supply might have been that line in the sand for most of you. 
Barry Manilow perhaps. 

Whatever. 
Show some respect, okay?

😗

Good for you Sparky, An amen for your prayer.  I didn't know him but I looked it up and found he did producing and composing on a song in the movie, "Footloose," called Holding out for a hero.  Anyway, Although I never actually cared for that movie, Debbie loves it and has watched it many times.  RIP Jim.