Gibson Brands Forums

It's National Bourbon Day in the US...

saturn

PSA to liquor drinkers. If you you have to drink flavored liquor maybe you should not run with the big dogs and stay at home and p-iss on the porch with the puppies. I don't get the  fact the everyone now makes a Seltzer, and Raspberry Peach IPA and Cotton Candy flavored Vodka. 

I got Jim Beam on the rock right next to me and in a second my 00-18 is coming out its case.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 2

I laugh my axe off when people order top shelf liquor and then mix it with coca-crapola or warm, rancid  OJ.   And the Current Fad -  Raspeberry-Mango artificial flavors added to some type of alcohol with a double shot of fizziness -  half shot of alcohol ...  Agree Sarge/Chief - but I think they should be UNDER the porch with the dogs. 

• Like 1

Blanton's, if I can find it around here.  If not, then one of the flavors of Jefferson's or Woodford Reserve bourbon.  My youngest daughter lives in Kentucky and we visit once or twice a year, and always build in a distillery tour.   The Jim Beam tour was excellent, strongly recommended if you ever get out that way.  BTW, awesome bourbon burst guitar!

10 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

I laugh my axe off when people order top shelf liquor and then mix it with coca-crapola or warm, rancid  OJ.   And the Current Fad -  Raspeberry-Mango artificial flavors added to some type of alcohol with a double shot of fizziness -  half shot of alcohol ...  Agree Sarge/Chief - but I think they should be UNDER the porch with the dogs. 

I stopped mixing hard liquor around the time of my divorce in 2006. My mixer for vodka, bourbon, scotch, Canadian or Irish whisky is ice cubes. I can't drink it neat and need a cube or two. I guess I'm a sissy boy.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

We have a winner !!  

One day when I get back to Toronto I am going to see if I can  meet up with RBS and go get some killer dumping in China town. He told me he doesn't drink. I'll buy him a Coke and we can leave the hard stuff to me. Maybe I'll get to see his 70's D-28. That is not code for anything gay. Gay means happy so no need to respond JVC. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

16 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

One day when I get back to Toronto I am going to see if I can  meet up with RBS and go get some killer dumping in China town. He told me he doesn't drink. I'll buy him a Coke and we can leave the hard stuff to me. Maybe I'll get to see his 70's D-28. That is not code for anything gay. Gay means happy so no need to respond JVC. 

Chief,

Lemme know when you plan to come up.

Just remember to leave the guns at home.

And yes, I'll let you see the '74 D-28.

RBSinTo

1 minute ago, RBSinTo said:

Chief,

Lemme know when you plan to come up.

Just remember to leave the guns at home.

And yes, I'll let you see the '74 D-28.

RBSinTo

I will and unlike Johnny Cash I don't take my guns to town. When the borders open I'm gonna give it a few months as everyone will want to go right off the bat.