Gibson Brands Forums

Has Clapton Lost the Plot?

IanHenry

I understand Clapton got very sick from the vaccine, don't know the details. Well, any medication is a gamble. If you give a million people an aspirin, you'll probably get one or two unexplicable deaths. That goes for pretty much any medication. I guess he was unlucky. He must've been very unlucky, because if a statistically significant amount of people got sick after getting the vaccine we'd have heard a lot more about it by now, considering how many doses have been administered.

And then he appears to have gone a little loco, but that's just my opinion. He's entitled to his.

1 hour ago, NighthawkChris said:

@jvi lol these people don't care about the world.  These are tributes to the temple of the self.  And if someone is a pedo let's say that made multiple platinum albums or legendary movies, yeah that's enough for me to stop listening/watching.  Don't like Michael Jackson, (never have as I like me some good 'ol Pantera) but he built a place called Neverland in his backyard to invite your little boy over for a sleepover.  Every time I hear his crap playing say at a store or wherever I go in public (happening to play his garbage), I think that this song has to be where he's saying that he wants to show your little boy his (skin bleached maybe) Oscar Meyer hot dog.  I don't understand why people listen to that SOB anymore...  it's like buying shoes from Nike who have sweat shops for little children in Asia where we in America pay hundreds (maybe more?) for Michael Jordan's shoes.  If you have enough money, you have the freedom to do whatever you want.  It's the way of the world.  Hasn't changed since the inception of humanity, just different actors playing the same script over and over again until we burn together on this God-forsaken planet.  

And yeah, how do you go from being black as he was to looking almost Latino?  I thought he looked like a Latina woman personally...  I digress.  EC, yeah, whatever.  

I agree.

I understand nothing was conclusively proved or whatever, but really - if you're a middle-aged man who routinely has little boys over for sleepovers and playdates, what are the actual real-world odds of it being "innocent"?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jdgm said:

Mass Formation Hypnosis....

"The theory of mass formation hypnosis came to public attention after featuring on an episode of the Joe Rogan Experience podcast late last year, but has been dismissed by academics".

That tells you all you need to know.     It's why we all bought LPs, innit?

I can see there is also something called Mass DisinFormation Hypnosis too, on this here planet in 2022.   Ask Tucker Carlson for details.

Gibson tried it in 2015.. Look how well that went for them  😄  

And I think it's safe to say the elderly Mr. Clapton had some spare time on his hands and has fallen in with the conspiracy theory people.  

It happens, a friend of mine's elderly brother was snowed in but he didn't want the driveway plowed because "the Communists would get him".  No, I am not making this up.

3 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

@jvi lol these people don't care about the world.  These are tributes to the temple of the self.  And if someone is a pedo let's say that made multiple platinum albums or legendary movies, yeah that's enough for me to stop listening/watching.  Don't like Michael Jackson, (never have as I like me some good 'ol Pantera) but he built a place called Neverland in his backyard to invite your little boy over for a sleepover.  Every time I hear his crap playing say at a store or wherever I go in public (happening to play his garbage), I think that this song has to be where he's saying that he wants to show your little boy his (skin bleached maybe) Oscar Meyer hot dog.  I don't understand why people listen to that SOB anymore...  it's like buying shoes from Nike who have sweat shops for little children in Asia where we in America pay hundreds (maybe more?) for Michael Jordan's shoes.  If you have enough money, you have the freedom to do whatever you want.  It's the way of the world.  Hasn't changed since the inception of humanity, just different actors playing the same script over and over again until we burn together on this God-forsaken planet.  

And yeah, how do you go from being black as he was to looking almost Latino?  I thought he looked like a Latina woman personally...  I digress.  EC, yeah, whatever.  

Wait MJ was a black man your messing with me right?

4 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I love when the Canadian guy swoops in and gives us his PC views of the world, and tell us were a-holes for being mean.

never did that and yes I call out negative comments that are baseless  and rude, and yes Im proud to hold liberal views. 

4 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

I dont get the "these people" part or the MJ reference, I dont think all "stars" are evil and I believe some, like EC have actually helped many people , my opinion  ....

8 hours ago, jvi said:

I dont get the "these people" part or the MJ reference, I dont think all "stars" are evil and I believe some, like EC have actually helped many people , my opinion  ....

He was a heroine addict and listen to his views about immigrants in his country in the 70’s. But he’s a really good guitarist so we will give him a pass. A liberal Canadian say its not true.

My idols have faults too. John was a junkie, George loved his blow in the 70’s and 80’s, Ringo was a total lush and woke up one morning with blood all over his hotel room one day and doesn’t know were it came from and I’m sure Paul is no angel either. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, jvi said:

EC wasn't my generation - grew up in the 80s.  I am indifferent to his music and who he is personally.  I've listened to his stuff in Cream and other various tracks, but never caught on with it.  

I don't want to go back and talk about what you said, what the others said, what I said...  It's too much effort, haha!  Have you opinion, share it here, get what's coming to you - good or bad.  Just another day, another time, another post on the Gibson guitar board.  You haven't offended me, I hope I haven't offended you.  

And haha @Sgt. Pepper yes, Michael was indeed black.  He's on a whole 'nother level than Dennis Rodman.  Michael was whiter than me, and I like to think I'm pretty white.  

GettyImages-52263872.jpg

Neverland's train conductor

12 hours ago, IanHenry said:

I saw this article about Eric Clapton and I'm struggling to understand just what he's trying to say, he seems to have lost the plot.

Eric Clapton believes 'mass formation hypnosis' made people get COVID vaccine (msn.com)

He must have read about or have heard that Dr Robert Malone (possibly on Joe Rogan's podcast). The guy claims he "invented" the mRNA vaccine but now rails against it and he promoted this mass formation psychosis idea.

Such ugliness abounds. 
So much bitter, opinionated divisiveness on display.

It's okay for our guitar heroes to express opinions then, as long as they aren't unpopular ones?

I would have hoped that this sort of thing was beneath the dignity of such a distinguished guitar web forum. 
😐

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, NighthawkChris said:

And haha @Sgt. Pepper yes, Michael was indeed black.  He's on a whole 'nother level than Dennis Rodman.  Michael was whiter than me, and I like to think I'm pretty white.  

GettyImages-52263872.jpg

Neverland's train conductor

Nope I’m not buying it. My bare rear isn’t that white. That was how many boys were sleeping over that night.

18 hours ago, Big Bill said:

Maybe you need to make more money and should have worked harder so that you wouldn't come out of the wood work to pick fights with Pepper?

I didnt "come out of the wood work"  I posted a comment ,he quoted rudley and off to the rodeo we went, defend angry bs all you want but dont make up stuff to justify yourself.

2 hours ago, SteveFord said:

I just read that article Sgt. Pepper linked and I feel even stupider than I did before (and that's really saying something).

Subliminal messages, the hivemind,  who comes up with this stuff?

Is that why all these packages from Amazon have been showing up. I must’ve watched some YT videos and subliminally binge- shopped.

• Haha 1

The point is, Eric's trying to influence people on the Covid vaccine and he doesn't have any medical training (as far as I'm aware).  Yes the vaccine could have made him ill but that's probably a very mild indication of what the effect of catching Covid would have been like.  As a 76 year old ex alcoholic and junky you would expect that he'd be extremely venerable to the disease.

I personally know of a couple of people who declined the vaccine and didn't live to tell the tale.

Maybe Eric should stick to playing the guitar and let the medical people stick to healthcare issues.         

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Such ugliness abounds. 
It's okay for our guitar heroes to express opinions then, as long as they aren't unpopular ones?
I would have hoped that this sort of thing was beneath the dignity of such a distinguished guitar web forum. 
😐

You're kidding, right?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, jvi said:

maybe they care about the world ...

Maybe they care about themselves. They get told over and over how great they are and they then start to believe it. If Bruce cuts his finger he bleeds red like me. He’s just a guy who writes lyrics and plays (debatable) guitar and sings also debatable. He can peddle his political BS somewhere else like maybe Canada.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

13 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Maybe they care about themselves. They get told over and over how great they are and they then start to believe it. If Bruce cuts his finger he bleeds red like me. He’s just a guy who writes lyrics and plays (debatable) guitar and sings also debatable. He can peddle his political BS somewhere else like maybe Canada.

"THEY" again...

22 hours ago, Big Bill said:

Miley Cyrus is starting to look good to me, should I be concerned?

You’re ok… She does look good.. It’s what comes out of her mouth..

Re; Eric. I have never thought Musicians should be Politicians…. I’m getting to the point I don’t think anyone should be a Politician.

13 hours ago, sparquelito said:

Such ugliness abounds. 

😐

Sorry Sparq but I strongly disagree.

Clapton has expressed 'unpopular' opinions before, going back as far as 1976 with a drunken racist rant ONSTAGE at a concert in the UK.  As you know, he built his career on the blues of black American musicians so it was seen as incredibly arrogant and hypocritical; and those comments he made led to the start of a movement called Rock Against Racism in the UK.   I saw him live after that several times (once with Muddy Waters) and bought some more of his albums.

Cut to today; he is the world's most popular and most copied guitarist (as well as a multi-millionaire) and a public figure, and he is publicy talking absolute rubbish about a very serious subject which is literally life and death to many.   Publicly; he wants people to hear these opinions of his.  It has nothing to do with his music.

There is no shame, indignity, ugliness or bitterness in refuting what he is claiming, as it is simply not true.  

In the light of DuaneV's comment - "In todays social environment you get the measure of a person not on the day they did the very, very best thing, but rather on the day they did the very worst thing." ........can I also point out that we had a thread recently about a court case in Germany where a lady was prosecuted for trying to sell a Clapton bootleg.  Perhaps you would be willing to go back and review that thread, in which there was much wrong information and knocking of EC, because people didn't know the finer details? 

Best wishes to all!

Edited by jdgm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2