Gibson Brands Forums

You know you are getting old when........

Rabs

1 hour ago, Notes_Norton said:

When the doctor or dentist you've been going to for years retires and the person who took his/her place is young enough to be your grandson/grandaughter.

Notes ♫

My reason for starting this thread..  Its happened to my doctor, dentist and optometrist.. Its really off putting. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rabs said:

My reason for starting this thread..  Its happened to my doctor, dentist and optometrist.. Its really off putting. 

I started going to a dentist when I got out of the Army.   He eventually retired….and a guy just out of dental school bought his practice…..and now HE’S retired!

4 minutes ago, DanvillRob said:

I started going to a dentist when I got out of the Army.   He eventually retired….and a guy just out of dental school bought his practice…..and now HE’S retired!

Sgt. Pepper knows a lot about rich dentists who buy expensive guitars we all can't afford.  I bet he'd tell us the average age of retirement for those guys is in their 30s !    

I dunno....

But the two dentists I've had previous to the one I see now are both retired.  But they were older than me to begin with.  And my present dentist is too.   The first one fixed me up with my first set of partials when my first born was 1 year old.   She'll be 50 this October.  I was 22 and he was pushing 40.  

The next one was old enough to retire before he was my dentist.    Neither one of them played guitar.

Whitefang

4 hours ago, SteveFord said:

When you get distracted while getting dressed, find yourself struggling and realise that you're trying to put a pair of underpants on your foot.

I've never done that.  But I have struggled putting on a shirt and had trouble buttoning it until five minutes later I discovered I put it on inside out!  [blush]

And too, there's the  misaligning  the buttons.  Making one side of the shirt a bit longer than the other.  What my wife teasingly would call "The Polack button  method."  [laugh]

Whitefang

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You buy a really nice Stetson homburg and a girl at work asks about your hat.

You proudly show it to her, describe a few features and say it's probably from the 1940s and she sweetly says, "Oh, is that where you're from?"

A wisenheimer.

Edited by SteveFord
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1