Gibson Brands Forums

Lurking mostly

AnneS

Evening,

I’ve been checking in regularly but feeling quiet, I guess. It’s that time of the year my Gibsons are hydrating in their cases, and I only pick up the Rainsong every once in awhile.

Glad I did today, as I was greeted by this new song. I feel my writing is especially simple these days—but it’s still fun, when it happens. Not complaining one whit!

Have a listen, if you like—it is, if course, a rough and early draft, but I think it’ll work. “When It All Shakes Out.”

https://song.space/3hz3su

• Like 2

Anne, this is superb.  I love the place you write from.  It’s deep inside your soul and very fragile and human.  You express hard-hitting feelings in a very gentle way..  I think everyone who likes writing their own songs could learn from you…..Excellent., my friend.

On scale of 10, I give you 100!  And your voice and guitar playing remind me of Eva Cassidy….  You inspire me to start recoding again.  God Bless!

Edited by MissouriPicker

Really nice.   What music should ultimately do, after it makes us feel -  make us think.  And then feel some more.   Your guitar work is excellent, your writing - superb. And  MP gave you the highest praise when he compare your singing to Eva Cassidy.   Thanks for posting. 

• 2 weeks later...