Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Signature Hard Case

Rabs

Just now, Sgt. Pepper said:

Their greed astounds me, yet some eat it up.

I would guess its for the same people who pay 10k+ for a guitar...  Whats another grand or so to protect your precious.....

Still crazy for a case though.... 

In saying that, if you were that bothered surely youd just buy a flight case and be done with it?

Just now, Rabs said:

I would guess its for the same people who pay 10k+ for a guitar...  Whats another grand or so to protect your precious.....

Still crazy for a case though.... 

In saying that, if you were that bothered surely youd just buy a flight case and be done with it?

But but but its got the classic fuzzy pink the elders always talk about.

• Haha 1

I have 2 Calton cases, handmade by Keith Calton in the early 1980s.  2 of the best investments I ever made for my guitars.   I've had a flight case too in the past, and Calton is better IMO.

He lives only a few miles from me.     A very nice man though I haven't seen him now for many years, I did email him a few years back.

https://www.calton-cases.com/heritage/

Edited by jdgm
  • Like 3

I have Calton for my Vine j200. 

I just don't understand why some get so perked up about things that cost a bit.

And how is it greed? Calton cases are expensive without Gibson touching them. 

I dunno man.... Looking to complain for the sake of complaining has always made me scratch my head.:-k

50 minutes ago, duane v said:

I have Calton for my Vine j200. 

I just don't understand why some get so perked up about things that cost a bit.

And how is it greed? Calton cases are expensive without Gibson touching them. 

I dunno man.... Looking to complain for the sake of complaining has always made me scratch my head.:-k

I don't think it takes a big push at all in this forum to get the dogs barkin...  

if you don't want to spend $1,200 on a case, then -- don't spend $1,200 on a case!!  simple solution!!

3 minutes ago, Karloff said:

it's all in what you want & how you choose to spend your $$. they do look like seriously nice cases. 

they are nice.  but isn't a case, a case?  My j200 lives in the OHSC Gibson case.  My other gibbies, the same.    My Taylors /Fenders/Gretch -- Ditto!

I guess if I was dragging a few of em across the country on my farewell tour,  that'd be another thing.  but-- yea,, no farewell tour for this cowboy...

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 1

I can’t rationalize spending over a grand for a HSC. Hard pass. The “regular” HSC that comes with Custom Shop Gibsons isn’t cheap either. All factored into the price of course. If you spend CS dollars though, I’m sure a case that costs $600 isn’t looked at as a bad deal. 

13 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

A sister came over the other day and said, "I like your cabinet" and my mother goes, "That's not a cabinet."

Nope, it was a stack of Firebird cases.  They are kind of large.

When I had an Explorer a family of 5 could have lived inside very modestly.