Gibson Brands Forums

Mary Ford's Les Paul pops up

SteveFord

17 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I saw on that pawn show, Les Paul’s nephew came in with a white SG and tried to sell it. He’s probably a degenerate gambler.

I remember that show.   And he did sell it.  $90,000

Whitefang

6 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

I remember that show.   And he did sell it.  $90,000

Whitefang

I don't think he did. He wanted more $ and then Rob or Rick or whatever his name is was not going to give him what he wanted for it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Well I can see a re creation 3 pickup Les Paul  Mary Ford being made for the healthy sum of 20 grand a each a relic version for 30 grand . With a complete travel log of where its been.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

They never do.  But watch the clip all the way and you'll see they both agreed to $90,000.  Ford's nephew originally asked for $250,000!

Whitefang

He sold it. I thought when I watched it back in the day he walked.

The Mary Ford Les Paul was on Ebay 20 plus years ago for a hefty  sum. Along with a Les Paul that was apparently owned Les Paul himself .   They were  also in the vintage sellers monthly magazine . 

LOL, I remember that episode too...  I have never considered in my life going to a pawn shop to sell - and to come up good on the deal.  People who want money from a pawn shop I have to believe are more desperate for the money than someone who knows what they have, then try to make the best avenue to get the most value for a transaction. 

I liked the comment on the link shared above.  Someone congratulated Mark for locking up a guitar that will do nothing else than collect dust.  Here it is:

"And, this is what I really don't like...manufacturers which repurchase instruments and put them in a "vault" where they shall never be enjoyed or played again by human hands. Good job, Mark!"

lol!  Iconic!!!  I can't wait to have them anal-yze this guitar and sell a replica/reissue for $50k. 

• Like 1