Gibson Brands Forums

Might be too good to be true (But I'm taking a chance on a possible HOAX))

duane v

Obviously the pickups have been changed.

But it also says in the 'item specifics' fields that it is is a LP Classic, year 2019.

:-k

Good luck with it anyway!

Edited by jdgm

I saw that too: But the Description reads as below: We shall see as it may never show up but the refund process will super easy if it turns out to be a dud. 

Year: 1976

Kalamazoo, MI

In perfect condition! Selling because I plan to move. Great sound!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, duane v said:

That's my thinking.... Although if the seller ships an empty box, that might add a wrinkle.

You are indeed brave and bold.  I've personally taken necks off and looked under pickups and all that stuff and still been nervous as hex about the buy.  This one I couldn't even consider.

rct

1 minute ago, rct said:

You are indeed brave and bold.  I've personally taken necks off and looked under pickups and all that stuff and still been nervous as hex about the buy.  This one I couldn't even consider.

rct

I'm not nervous at all. I'll give it two weeks and if there is no movement on the order I'll request a refund.

3 minutes ago, duane v said:

I'm not nervous at all. I'll give it two weeks and if there is no movement on the order I'll request a refund.

I hope it works out and it is an actual newer Les Paul Custom '76RI. 

rct

2 minutes ago, Rabs said:

That looks well dodgy to me.. No feedback at all....  That's not a good sign...

True.... But I have purchased from sellers with 0 feedback on more than a few occasions and the package was delivered and it matched the description. 

What's the worst that can happen other than getting a refund. Plus if the instrument does show up I'm gonna sell it for 3x the buying price. 

5 minutes ago, duane v said:

True.... But I have purchased from sellers with 0 feedback on more than a few occasions and the package was delivered and it matched the description. 

What's the worst that can happen other than getting a refund. Plus if the instrument does show up I'm gonna sell it for 3x the buying price. 

Agreed...  I wouldnt..  But I did buy my 336 P90 online..  The seller had an ok rating its just I dont do that generally, it was my first and only purchase where I hadnt played it first...  It was also  a bargain at £2600 which is why I took the risk.  As it goes I have found an issue recently with it but nothing I cant fix..  I dont know if it came that way from the factory but it has a worse cut nut on it than any Gibson I have ever owned even my comparatively cheap 60s Studio.

Edited by Rabs

49 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Agreed...  I wouldnt..  But I did buy my 336 P90 online..  The seller had an ok rating its just I dont do that generally, it was my first and only purchase where I hadnt played it first...  It was also  a bargain at £2600 which is why I took the risk.  As it goes I have found an issue recently with it but nothing I cant fix..  I dont know if it came that way from the factory but it has a worse cut nut on it than any Gibson I have ever owned even my comparatively cheap 60s Studio.

Yeah, I remember that, but a 3700 dollar 336 for 2600 is a bargain.  A Les Paul Custom of ??? provenance sold "because I'm moving" at 875 or whatever?  No way, way too risky.

rct

13 minutes ago, rct said:

Yeah, I remember that, but a 3700 dollar 336 for 2600 is a bargain.  A Les Paul Custom of ??? provenance sold "because I'm moving" at 875 or whatever?  No way, way too risky.

rct

Yeah, as I say I wouldnt either but hey, you never know..  We will find out soon I guess..  Good luck Duane

The seller responded to a couple of inquires I had.

She stated the guitar belonged to her husband and was part of the divorce settlement. 

She stated the guitar pictured is the guitar that will be sent.

She also stated the shipping was understated and it will be $90 and asked me once the parcel is delivered, if I would immediately leave a feedback, as Ebay is holding up the funds until a feedback is left. And if I could paypal her the extra $70 for the shipping on a different transaction.

I responded if everything checks out, I would  acquiesce to both of her request. . 

• Like 2

Cool.  Period correct case as well.  

I got a couple real good ones from 0 feedback sellers.   

I was able to talk to both on the phone prior to payments well. 

Edited by slimt

The information I lists it as  a 76 model Les Paul built in 2019 but conflicts with the serial number information below.

Serial # 001171135

Guitar Info

Your guitar was made at the 
Bozeman Plant, MT, USA
on January 11th, 2007
Production Number: 135 

She’s right on both the $90 shipping and the fact that eBay holds the funds, typically for the first 20-25 transactions. They would pay it out eventually but leaving positive feedback will expedite. If this works out, you got the steal of the year.