Gibson Brands Forums

Seriously?

1 hour ago, IanHenry said:

I think I'm going to have to pass on both of those!

50k and you got one guitar and one amp. What lawyer is not going to eat that up to show his buddies?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Well, it's certainly a stylish conversation piece.

And clearly targeted for the extremely wealthy consumer.

I cannot imagine though that most performers would want something that stands out that much (visually)  from the back line.
Amps are normally black and fairly plain looking for a reason.

You want the audience paying attention to the players and singers, not the gear.

🤨

9 minutes ago, kelly campbell said:

Damn!  I wonder why?   Why and can it be that much better than standard amps and companies? rediculous.

Cause it 40k. Just like the 10k guitar. Its just better cause you spent more.

Hello Future, we have your amp, please come get it, it looks silly.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

If you go here: 

https://en.audiofanzine.com/tube-combo-guitar-amp/ritter/encore/

And look at the photos, it appears they've etched or engraved the names of a bunch of famous players on the amp's chassis. If you look closely, they listed Jimmy Page's name twice. It is spelled correctly once, and the other time it's spelled "Jimi Page." Maybe they meant for that one to be Jimi Hendrix? 

I'm an editor, so because of that error, Do Not Want. 😉 

Seriously, it's way beyond my means, so I won't be getting one, but they do make a decent case for its creation on their product page. 

https://www.jens-ritter-shop.com/product-page/encore-amp

Since you may not be able to get EU-made tube amps soon due to "imminent regulations against tube technology,"  they may be looking at it as kind of a last hurrah - going out in style with an art piece, blinged-out design with Dumble Classic and Fender Bassman-inspired circuitry. 

All of that considered, nope - it's still not for me. YMMV. 

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Cause it 40k. Just like the 10k guitar. Its just better cause you spent more.

Hello Future, we have your amp, please come get it, it looks silly.

IMO, spending more doesn't make something automatically "better," but sometimes things that cost more are more expensive due to the time and materials that went into them, or due to their desirability and scarcity. Case in point - my early 60s vintage Telefunken ELA M251 microphones. They made less than 2,000 of them back in the early 1960s and while there are modern recreations/reproductions/reissues that look, work, and sound great (and cost about $10-$11k), the vintage ones go for over $20k a piece these days because of that combination of originality, great sound, and scarcity. 

Just now, rct said:

Free shipping?

Are used ones going for 60k on Reverb already?

Does it NAIL a Dumble?

Will it play well with my Klons?

rct

Ever since the outbreak of the Vid, Reverb has been the new price gouging site for gear.

Just now, Phil OKeefe said:

IMO, spending more doesn't make something automatically "better," but sometimes things that cost more are more expensive due to the time and materials that went into them, or due to their desirability and scarcity. Case in point - my early 60s vintage Telefunken ELA M251 microphones. They made less than 2,000 of them back in the early 1960s and while there are modern recreations/reproductions/reissues that look, work, and sound great (and cost about $10-$11k), the vintage ones go for over $20k a piece these days because of that combination of originality, great sound, and scarcity. 

I know, I'm being a wise acre.

• Haha 1

For my electric needs, I have  $125.00 amp originally purchased for my grand-daughter, and it more than enough amp for me, so I have no horse in this race.

Having said that the second thing that strikes me about this amp (after the extraordinary price) is how its design makes it so completely unsuited to professional road use. Stacking components on stage, and storage considerations with its odd shape would make its use a nightmare.

Feh.

RBSinTo

Edited by RBSinTo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Karloff said:

lol,  I've done this before. I'll get a new guitar or amp & figure how many gigs before it's paid for ... 

In $US i figure my amp cost $145 for the head plus $75 for the quad box, and then there's my main guitar at say $80...so I'm into the rig for $300.

So I guess its all paid for [smile], but if I was starting just now that's be 4 or 5 shows at 45mins per gig. Got one next week so not long to go!! 

• Like 1