Gibson Brands Forums

Tell us about a good movie you've seen.

GibsonByBirth

'The best guitar playing in a movie' thread has taken a turn for favorite movie. I think it is impossible to pick a best movie made. Let's just name a movie we like and perhaps why. No put down of others' choices. There are no right or wrong answers. I'll start with

The Unbearable Lightness of Being

Besides the sex and female nudity, the change that the main charecters go through make this a great movie. The ending is full of symbolism and explians the title.

"Frost v Nixon," it was a great movie overall, but the second to last scene, where Frost gives Nixon the smack down, and has the monologue about how lonely Nixon was, and how crushed he was, is absolutely some of the best cinema I've ever seen.

I collect DVD's.

To pick one that I never tire of is hard.

Something about "Aliens" always sucks me in. I think most of you have seen it.

Just a great space shoot em up.

Hi Laney

Me too; another collector here.

I love a variety of films ranging from Shadowlands to James Bond to Jean Claude Van Damme movies ](*,)

My recent films I enjoyed were; Tyson The Movie-awesome insight into a very complex man, Taken with Liam Neeson I have seen 6 times in 2 weeeks as I loved it so much!

Also been on a Bruce Lee kick. Last week I watched a Bruce film every night...HI YAA!!!!!

Matt

Best movie I have seen in years was District 9. The more i thought about it after i left the theater, the more disturbed I became. That was a creepy movie....but soo good!!! You don't have to like Sci Fi to enjoy that flick. Its a allegory for Apartheid in South Africa.....just aliens instead of black people. Really moving and well done.

I have a few that are favorites, but I'll list something I've only watched once and really enjoyed it.

12 Angry men (1957)

It's interesting to see how they all act and react to each other and to see how their values come thru in the acting. We watched this movie as an example of leadership training while in the Air Force - Airman Leadership School.

I like period or historical films like Gangs of New York' date=' Brave Heart, and Rob Roy.[/quote']

Rob Roy was a great movie. my fave line delivered by Tim Roth when he discovers he's impregnated the chamber maid:

"love is a dung heap and i am but a cock that climbs upon it to crow". what a romantic!

Rob Roy was a great movie. my fave line delivered by Tim Roth when he discovers he's impregnated the chamber maid:

"love is a dung heap and i am but a cock that climbs upon it to crow". what a romantic!

That is a great line isn't it? Roth did a fine job in that role, he's one of those villains you love to hate.

I Love movies! Impossible to pick any one favorite. Walmart (here) has (currently) a lot of $3 Dollar DVD's of older movies,

(brand new 1st quality) I picked up a bunch, the other night...all widescreen (I won't buy "full screen," unless it's only available in that format),

including "Chinatown," "Marathon Man," the original (Japanese) 4-dvd set of "Ringu" (The Ring), "Sunset Boulevard," "Bridge On The

River Kwai," "Alfie" (Michael Caine), "Reds," etc. They're all Great!

CB

Another vote for The Usual Suspects!

Team America - World Police

Charlie Wilson's War.

Not a great movie but I was entertained and learned somthing and it on HBO this month.

That movie is a short' date=' quick telling of the story - but very effective at getting the point across.

I dream of a day I could get into politics the same way, and have the same profound effect.

Few are the people who view what he did as an "accomplishment" these days and that's a shame.

Saw a new one a few weeks ago called [b']Taking Chance[/b].

Very sobering reminder of what this nation is truly all about.

When people have a clear choice between right and wrong, what is proper and just...

Even with the slightest effort most will do the right thing if you leave peer pressure out of the equation.

Kevin Bacon is the principle character, the guy did a helluva job and it looks so effortless.

Maybe he didn't have to try, eh?

My all time favorite movie is "Dr. Srangelove" and biting black comedy about nuclear war. A Kubrick masterpiece with the brilliant Peter Sellers in 3 roles.

+1 Great choice too

Peter Sellers was a genius of comedy in my opinion.

Matt

Archived