Gibson Brands Forums

best gig you ever been to?

S t e v e

ive seen s**t loads of bands in my lifetime from metallica to pink and dio to steve vai, but the band that changed

everything for me is NO DOUBT...i saw them at the brixton academy london in 1997 and it just blew me away!

i aint just talking about guitar work here i mean all round great music and passion, so what is your fave gig you ever been to? :-k/

Most memorable..."The Beatles!" August 1966 St. Louis, Mo. at the old Busch Stadium.

Best overall musically, and current...Paul McCartney.

Other very memorable concerts: The original Byrds, Bob Dylan, the original Deep Purple, Ten Years After,

Rolling Stones, Yardbirds (with Page and Beck, on the same stage), Eric Clapton...always. Pretenders,

Tom Petty...and many others. Hey, I'm "Old as Dirt!"

CB

Most memorable..."The Beatles!" August 1966 St. Louis' date=' Mo. at the old Busch Stadium.

Best overall musically, and current...Paul McCartney.

CB[/quote']

I too saw the beatles in 1966. Candlestick Park. Most memorable.... probably Yardbirds, THEM, Stones, (1965 at the San Jose Civic Auditorium...probalby holds only 3500 people), Byrds, Animals, Chuck Berry, Leo Kotctke, John Sebastian, B.B. King, and of course George Jones.

Bob

Fugazi. They only charge like 5 dollars.

+1 Fugazi is awesome.

Of all the concerts I've been to, I have a few that stick out in my mind... 1) Any Rocket From The Crypt show that I went to. 2) 1994, Pgh, City Limits. -I saw Sepultura touring for 'Chaos AD', and Clutch was an opening band. 3) 2002 or 03 (I can't remember) I got to see Godspeed You Black Emperor play at CMU.

Well if we're talking best in show here none tops Kiss in the 70's. I took my 2 younger brothers to see them because they were both huge fans. Their music or musicianship never really impressed me but they could put on a show.

Best gig though would have to be Paul Mccartney for me. I've seen him 3 times now and just never ceases to amaze me how talented a musician and singer he is.

All time best Warren Haynes especially when he goes acoustic.

Most surprising was Prince a decade ago very talented player or maybe Fleetwood Mac last year wasn't expecting much and they kicked butt.

Most fun probably goes to Foo Fighters they go crazy wild for hours and they took the whole crowd went with them. Say what you want about Grohl and selling out but he can put on a show. Might of helped that I was surrounded by about twenty young hotties that were partying hard in a all girl party and barely dressed.

Might of helped that I was surrounded by about twenty young hotties that were partying hard in a all girl party and barely dressed.

Oh yeah that reminds me I was front row at an Aerosmith show next to 2 hot blondes that kept lifting their t shirts for Tyler. That my friends was an AWESOME show!!!...........

...What? There was guitars and music too? Who knew.

while i have been to probably thousands of shows, ( i go to pry 5-6 a week whether local or national) and have toured almost every intercontinental state with many great bands as tour mates... i would say the best show still to date would have to be, The Black Crowes while Jimmy Page was touring as their guitarist, and Kenny Wayne Shepherd as the opener.

the runner up list however would be more then this post could handle! haha

Okay gigs top 10 (excluding jazz and Classical concerts)

1.Bellowhead live at The Mick Jagger Centre 2007

2.Johnny A supporting Joe Satriani at the Hammersmith Apollo 2006

3.Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds at The Alexander Palace 2006

4.Extreme live at The Wembley Arena 1993

5.Riders On The Storm live at the New incarnation of the Town and Country Club 2008

6.Bernie Torme live at The Guitar Society 2006

7.Janet Robin live at Ravens Wood School 2008

8.Bryan Adams live at The Wembley Arena 2006

9.Dream Theatre live c.2006 when they performed the entire Dark Side Of The Moon!!!

10.Alison Krauss and Robert Plant live at The Wembley Arena 2008

Can't wait!! seeing Steve Martin (yep the comedian) in a week playing banjo with his blue grass band, Vince Gill is on guitar=d> :-

Matt

edit...I can't choose! Me and my wife also loved seeing BB King recently too aghhhh!!!!

The show that changed my life the most was actually two AC/DC shows. The first one was October 28th 2008 in Wilkes-Barre, PA and the 2nd was August 2nd, 2009 in Albany, NY. The sound was different, Albany was much more louder and more overdriven where wilkes-barre was a bit tame and clean sounding. Each show had the same thing in common, the energy levels. Having everyone in the band being over 50 and putting that much energy into their shows, showed me to always put my all into each show I play no matter how I feel or how old I get.

Archived