Gibson Brands Forums

How's the weather?

EVOL!

Cold does not even begin to describe the weather in Chicago (-2 F wind chill). I have winter in my blood, but this is pushing it. My breath is freezing as it comes out and forming icicles on my King Leonidas beard. Some of you other cats are in the Great Lakes area too and feel my pain.

How are your guitars holding up? I have my Taylor 100 held up in the most temperature stable room in the house. The SG is at the rehearsal space. The room is climate controlled so I am not worrying too much.

In the 20's here in north Buffalo but we've got only about an inch of snow. Yep that's right I'm in Buffalo and I can still see grass in December! The south towns (20 miles south of here in the "ski country") got whacked with snow though; it's falling at about 2 inches an hour right now down there...

In Australia, we have had yet another driest winter on record, after a horror summer of record high temperatures. Then we had bushfires in Spring. Again a record.

The Kangaroos are coming into housing estates again because they are desperate for water and food. Amercian and British visitors are starting to live the fantasy we always joked about - kangaroos running down streets. One was killed on a freeway a few days ago.

Now it is Summer and the temperature has dropped for the last few weeks. There is an iceberg the size of Times Square heading for New Zealand, and they reckon we are in for another season of record drought and bushfires - which I dont doubt, given last year. Our colleagues in California know it only too well and will no doubt help us out and vice versa.

Some local islands in the pacific have lost houses because the beach has risen.

In Southern Australia we have had to buy a Jumbo jet to put out fires - a first in our history. This is something we expect to see in California.

In the SOUTH of Australia we have had serious water restrictions for the past three years. Our damns are at seriously low levels. Our farms are in diabolical trouble

The latest data shows that the average temperatures have risen yet again for the past year.

And the climate change skeptics are still in denial. They just dont get it. They say it is just an anomoly or god's will.

How cold is it?

It was so cold this morning that instead of shaving' date=' I stuck my face out the window 'till my whiskers froze, then I pounded 'em through my cheeks and bit 'em off from the inside.

That's how cold it is. [cool

Quit bragging!! It was so cold here in the Bay Area I "almost" had to wear a jacket!

And the climate change skeptics are still in denial. They just dont get it.

I don't think anyone believes the climate of the earth isn't changing...it's ALWAYS changed. For Billions of years before man inhabited it' date=' and i'll continue to change for Billions of years after we figure a way to eliminate ourselves.

The argument is whether what man does has any great effect. That's a discussion for another forum, methinx.

Now, I live in the SF Bay Area, and have lived here for most of the time since 1949, (although I have to admit, I was very young when I was born), and I can count on one hand the number of times it's snowed anywhere around here. But snow in the metropolitan Bay Area that actually sticks is as rare as hen's teeth! Here is a pic of my back yard last Monday.

[img']http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac94/DanvillRob/DSC03135.jpg?t=1260543731[/img]

I don't think anyone believes the climate of the earth isn't changing...it's ALWAYS changed. For Billions of years before man inhabited it' date=' and i'll continue to change for Billions of years after we figure a way to eliminate ourselves.

The argument is whether what man does has any great effect. That's a discussion for another forum, methinx.

Now, I live in the SF Bay Area, and have lived here for most of the time since 1949, (although I have to admit, I was very young when I was born), and I can count on one hand the number of times it's snowed anywhere around here. But snow in the metropolitan Bay Area that actually sticks is as rare as hen's teeth! Here is a pic of my back yard last Monday.

[img']http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac94/DanvillRob/DSC03135.jpg?t=1260543731[/img]

Dan....you lucky man, livin in SF. You should visit Melbourne and Sydney if you havent. Lots of similarities with SF. SF is the best US city I have ever visited. It is a treasure.

Dan....you lucky man' date=' livin in SF. You should visit Melbourne and Sydney if you havent. Lots of similarities with SF. SF is the best US city I have ever visited. It is a treasure.

[/quote']

I'd LOVE to come to your country.... I've never been....but was invited to come there to judge the National Pug Specialty ... I didn't make it there this year, and won't next year...hopefully 2011!!

Archived