Gibson Brands Forums

what wah wah pedals are you guys using?

S t e v e

Im using my Dunlop Jimi sig CryBaby. It's supposadly based on the original Thomas design but I think some things are different like the fasel inductor and stuff.

I don't really care cause it sounds good to me. I probably wouldn't have bought the Jimi one but I didn't buy it. My dad had 2 wahs just sitting around so he gave me the Jimi one. He prefers the regular CryBaby.

I like the action on my pedal. There is very little resistance so I can do really fast weird sounding stuff.

Depending on the song, amp and guitar combos, I used either my original 1960's Clyde McCoy. Picture Clyde with a red chuckle inductor. Shaft sound exactly! Musical highs so beautiful you can use it as a treble boost. Not modified it doesn't need it! Or an old solasound wah with an incredible range of continuous sweet spots, or a homemade one I fashioned after the picture clyde that has a selector on the side that allows me to switch from on of 4 vintage original inductors I have aquired over the years. Early red fasel, 846 stack of nickles, chocolate inductor out of an early cry baby and one I found in an old funky italian organ that smokes!

Depending on the song' date=' amp and guitar combos, I used either my original 1960's Clyde McCoy. Picture Clyde with a red chuckle inductor. Shaft sound exactly! Musical highs so beautiful you can use it as a treble boost. Not modified it doesn't need it! Or an old solasound wah with an incredible range of continuous sweet spots, or a homemade one I fashioned after the picture clyde that has a selector on the side that allows me to switch from on of 4 vintage original inductors I have aquired over the years. Early red fasel, 846 stack of nickles, chocolate inductor out of an early cry baby and one I found in an old funky italian organ that smokes![/quote']

Nice [smile]

I still have my early 70's Thomas Organ Company Cry Baby. I bought one of the original big A/C powered chrome box Morley Power Wahs a few years later' date=' but eventually went back to the old Cry Baby.[/quote']

WOW that's exactly what I have & did. Now I just use the Morley for a volume pedal. And we're both in ST Louis also.

What a coinkadink.

Archived