Gibson Brands Forums

How's your handwriting?

ksdaddy

I can well imagine this is a problem that many of us have. I didn't get a computer and internet until 1999, a late bloomer I suppose. Since then I write very little by hand. My handwriting in school was always fair to good; I learned cursive in the third grade (1968) but of course developed some shortcuts and flourishes over the years. My handwriting was always legible and somewhat within the confines of normal everyday cursive. However since spending the bulk of my time typing over the last ten plus years, my handwriting is illegible. It is the worst. Borderline Doctor stuff. I try to slow down but I can't. My hand cramps up after a couple sentences. I'm betting it's just from disuse.

2dhtnq1.jpg

If I had written a third sentence, you would think I was having a conniption fit.

Anyone else losing the fine art of communicating with pen and paper?

I print....i never liked cursive writing...but I can print quite nicely and legibly...but yes, the hand cramps up shortly after I start. You end up shaking your hand out every couple of sentences....cursed technology!! Look what it has done to us!

Both my brother and I have AWFUL handwriting - I mean REALLY BAD. It seems we got it from my father (his is rotten too) but my mother, on the other hand, writes beautifully. I love the electronic/internet age because I can type almost everything.

The summer of '61 Dad talked me into a no-credit high school typing class. It wasn't too bad since I was the only boy.

Typing skills then saved me <grin> when we moved back east for him to do grad school and I could type stuff so the teachers actually could read what I wrote.

Then the line of work I'm in now forced me to improving typing speed... Now? I tend to take dictation on keyboard. My handwritten notes are a combination of cursive and kinda a personal "shorthand."

I love keyboards on the computer. I know the notes on the other kinda keyboard but... <grin>

m

I've had checks come back because they couldn't read them.

I read about this guy who did his tax return papers in roman numerals.....

My handwriting' date=' legible but messy, a kinda hybrid between print and cursive. I [b']always[/b] sign my name in cursive though, its become a habit.

Ever notice that Doctors have the worst hand writing? The weird thing is the Pharmacists always just have a quick look at the scripts and are like, oh yeah one minute please...[lol]:-k I think it's a special code so people can't forge their own scripts...:-$

Ever notice that Doctors have the worst hand writing? The weird thing is the Pharmacists always just have a quick look at the scripts and are like' date=' oh yeah one minute please...[blink'] :-k I think it's a special code so people can't forge their own scripts...:-$

Or they just give you random pills and hope for the best [lol]

I have no idea how they read it, but they can. Probably is code... :-k

Would have been the Valedictorian in the 6th grade, except for that troublesome "C" in penmanship...

I still believe that a handwritten letter (thank you, etc) goes a LONG way when trying to make a good impression - I know I appreciate it.

Archived