Gibson Brands Forums

Confess: What Cheesy Songs Do You Like Playing ?

Dove Histronic

I am probably going to delete my account and claim my computer was hi-jacked after admitting this, but here goes...

You know that Jenny Jenny 867-5309 song ?

I can jam the heck out of it --- give it a bad - @$$ bassy rhythm, crosspick it, sing it with all kinds of warbled vocal inflections, add lead runs and solos...

Oh the shame the degradation...

I'm not especially proud of playing Jonathon Cougar (now Mellencamp) "I Need A Lover Who Won't Drive Me Crazy" either...

Why don't I just fiqure out Captain and Tenille "Muscrat Love" and get it over with ?

I make myself sick...

"Stealin' "

*Sigh!* What's this forum coming to when a Gus Cannon song that's been covered by Bob Dylan, Jesse Fuller, The Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, David Bromberg, Taj Mahal, Dave Van Ronk, and a host of others, gets labeled "cheesy" in a conversation in which "Muskrat Love" was used to set the standard? We gotta try a little harder here, folks!

How about Elvis's "Wooden Heart", a highlight (?!) of our All-Polka set.

-- Bob R

*Sigh!* What's this forum coming to when a Gus Cannon song that's been covered by Bob Dylan' date=' Jesse Fuller, The Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, David Bromberg, Taj Mahal, Dave Van Ronk, and a host of others, gets labeled "cheesy" in a conversation in which "Muskrat Love" was used to set the standard? We gotta try a little harder here, folks!

[/quote']

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha

[cool]

Love is made for you and me, a wonderful song but i suppose it is kind of cheesy. Really it is just rather odd for most people to see me play it being as large I am. I also used to play "hey there Delilah" for my ex and that song is terribly cheesy. On that note though I am a teenage boy can you really blame me for doing whatever it takes to try and impress one of the women folk?

All of a sudden, I'm feeling a bit cheesy. I'm rather fond of the John Cougar song (I could never get used to thinking of him as John Mellencamp), and while I could live without the Captain and Tenille's version of Muskrat Love, the tune itself I'm good with, and Willis Alan Ramsey is one of my favorites.

All the best,

Guth

I can't believe I'm gonna say this' date=' but, "If" by Bread. A cheezy song, but the chords to it are just beautiful!!! [crying']

Whoever hacked into my account and started this thread must have gotten you too...

And I never said, err the hacker never said, I played "Muscrat Love" merely suggested it was the next step into the abyss of cheezedom...

How about some Dean Martin Show era Sammy Davis Jr: The candyman can, cause he mixes it with love and makes the world taste good

OK, off to guzzle some industrial solvents to take away the pain -- oh my Candida...

"Every Rose Has It's Thorn" by Poison. I know, I know, I should be required to turn in my Manly Man Club card but In my early days of playing guitar it was one of those songs all the girls wanted to hear.

I'm thinking of playing it at this years Homecoming just to see how many people leave the room, but I'm affraid I'll be banished from Bozeman permanently if I do.

Roy Clark's,

"If I had to do it all over again I'd do it with you."

Kind of schmaltzy, but I learned it in order to play it for my parents' 50th anniversary. 50 years deserves schmaltz.

Sometimes I find myself humming the tune of "Yummy yummy yummy' date=' I've got love in my tummy, and I feel like loving you...."[/quote']

Heard that on the radio yesterday. It was great.

I was like 8 at the height of the bubble gum craze so I have a weak spot for it. Archies too.

Just bought the last (?) Cash album and am now stuck on

"For the good times"

Now I ain't saying this is cheesy but I bet there are those that might.

Don't know about others but I get wedged on Kristofferson evry so often

To me is the greatest "I lost her" songs of all time!

Oh and Doug.............

Sugar Sugar is best when played in Eb ( But then again what isn't on a guitar)

Archived