Gibson Brands Forums

8 Weeks, But Guess What?

Murph

Congrats Murph. I don't have plans on drinking' date=' seen the effects it has on people and it has motivated me to not want to do it.

Good on ya man, think about how much money you have saved, but it towards a guitar or amp [biggrin

I've never met anyone who actually set out to be a drunk or an addict. Never. [-(

If it were easy, everyone could quit.

It ain't.

Here's one thought, though... you may wanna see whether there's some incipient diabetes. Booze, in fact, used to be prescribed for diabetes treatment as I understand it from friends. I've had several friends who finally got themselves quit after several "tries" and discovered they had diabetes that had been hidden by regular and relatively heavy alcohol use.

Hope that ain't the case, but if it is... please take care of yourself. Heck, take care of yourself regardless.

No question that you're still healthier without the stuff. But it ain't easy.

m

I haven't had a drink (to get drunk, very occasionally enjoy sipping Jack Daniels) in almost 20 years, have no desire to. I used to love the hard stuff particularly Rum, in any fashion, with whiskey a very close second. Never did aquire a taste for beer, but good luck, it gets easier as you go, it was pretty tough for me at first, because everyone I knew drank, still do, but I can go in a bar now, and just drink coffee or soda, and not worry anymore how I got home, who drove me, did I kill anyone getting home (used to suffer blackouts, that's why I stopped), and not wake up with a pounding headache, and drink more to get rid of the headache (seldom worked).

Archived