Gibson Brands Forums

First album you bought/first album given to you...

Guest Gibson Lifestyle

The first I was given was an early 33 rpm album that was a recording from performances on a Chrysler Corp. sponsored television show. We still, by the way, did not have a proper record player with a gem needle - just an old one with a steel needle that really wore out my sister's 45s.

The first I bought was probably an Ian and Sylvia album maybe in '64. I didn't get into buying recorded music much through high school, and even in college mostly bought sheet music.

m

First Given to me was by my Parents. A Stack of Doors, Zeppelin, Buffalo Springfield, Leon Russell, Rolling Stones, BTO, Oldies But Goodies (that's what the compilation was called) and the Beatles. All when I was about 5.

I never learned the Nursery Rhymes I was supposed to. I have no Idea what happens to Little Miss Muffet, and the itsy bitsy spider holds no memories for me. In kindergarden I was wondering why we couldn't sing a Cat Stevens tune, like I do at home.

The first one I ever bought for myself was a Various Artist album with Shake Rattle and Roll on it.

Don't remember the first album I bought... probably an early Beatles or a Four Tops album.

First album given was Surrealistic Pillow- Jefferson Airplane, from my sister. I still have it and it sounds great, no scratches, no inner liner.

I'm pretty sure the first album my mom bought for me was Beach Boys Endless summer. Either that or Glen Campbell's Greatest Hits. I used to love Rhinestone Cowboy [blink]

First album I definately remember buying was Billy Joel Glass Houses on 8-Track. I'm sure I bought some KISS album before that, but don't remember which ones I bought or which ones were given to me.

Archived