Gibson Brands Forums

It was 1974 and you....

Smoke

......OK you thought it was safe.........so what to do when you got a knife cutting himself....picture taking....

voodoo stealing your soul ritual performing dude up in your van ?

Well let me say........... this could have all been avoided............. had you not invited the dude into your vehicle.....but any way.......

Tell the guy that two dollars is cool and we will pay you when we get how far your a going.......Number 1.........ok

Then you got to out crazy the hitch hiker........yep have him wanting you to like .....slow down or......stop or.......help help help...oh Lord Jesus.....

and I was in the 4th grade, Miss Plant's class. On Fridays, after lunch, we had music appreciation. Looking back, it was probably just an excuse for a young teacher to play some music she enjoyed. But, it was the first time I heard "American Band" by Grand Funk and The Doobie's "Long Train Running".

Who says you can't get a proper education in public school. [thumbup]

Working as a computer operator for a couple of years.

Didn't go to the movies much, not in the budget. (needed money for concerts, tunes, strings, rent & food)

I spent 6 months in a college in PA.

Hitched everywhere, not much in the line of public transportation around there.

When I had access to a car I did pick up hitchers.

1974, huh??? I was 11, hating school, hitting on my babysitters and older sister's friends ( learning how to be a dog ), digging the great '74 rock and roll, and wishing for a better guitar...[thumbup]

My daughter was 4, I was having sex with 3 different women and Jerry Brown was elected Governor. It was a good year.

My son was 1, I couldn't get laid in a whorehouse with a fist-full of $100 bills, and Jerry Brown was elected Governor. It was a bad year.

My son was 1, I couldn't get laid in a whorehouse with a fist-full of $100 bills, and Jerry Brown was elected Governor. It was a bad year.

Funny thing is that Meg Whitman moved here in '74 because the business climate under Jerry Brown was to her a great place to grow a business. And it seems it was.

I don't believe the bit about not being able to score in a whorehouse with a fist full on money. No body can be that disgusting and repulsive.

I had just bought my first Gibson - a 65 Melody Maker DC.

I paid $60 used and the purchase price include a Gibson 64 Explorer GT18 amp (tweed covered). Played and sounded great. I was hooked.

I still have it (modded in 77).

Funny, I was 14 in Jacksonville, Arkansas and I got my first guitar, also a Melody Maker, Cherry red. My parents bought it for me though.

Funny thing is that Meg Whitman moved here in '74 because the business climate under Jerry Brown was to her a great place to grow a business. And it seems it was.

I don't believe the bit about not being able to score in a whorehouse with a fist full on money. No body can be that disgusting and repulsive.

HAHAHAHA.... well, maybe I was exaggerating a little....let's just say it wasn't a "banner year" for me! Actually I was in college after getting out of the Army, and I hadn't found out about my wife's boyfriend yet.

Archived