Gibson Brands Forums

Heritage guitars

LarryUK

They have quite a few on display at the FretHouse in Covina, and I tried a couple... I personally didn't like the way the fretboard felt on three I tried, it felt way too choppy.

The finish is everything a Norlin Gibson was, but for the price I would get a Gibby..... basically money in the bank

Man I gotta get out more.

You guys and all the brands and models you can get your mitts on, I'm jealous....msp_blushing.gif

I need somebody to open a huge guitar store up here in the north country so I can have fun too.

It might cost me lots of dough, though... Now that I think about it.

Just vist NY, we have everything here.

Well...almost everything.

I've been looking at one of them. Is it me or is the finish superior to Gibson?

Crap headstock though.

I look at the Heritages I run across at the guitar shows. They offer most of their models built up as lefties, too, and I was thinking about buying a few years back, so I look at them just out of curiosity. Every one I've ever looked at, righty or lefty, has had an beautiful finish.

About the Heritage headstock - it doesn't bother me at all. It's a personal taste/subjective kind of thing, anyway. I've seen (what I consider) a lot worse headstock shapes on other guitars.

They are = they're

Welcome to the pedant club. People say to me that grammar isn't important. It's really important. The 'aswell' and 'alot' club is getting bigger.

Let's fight against it!

It not 'one of them' it's 'those' Grrrr!

Welcome to the pedant club. People say to me that grammar isn't important. It's really important. The 'aswell' and 'alot' club is getting bigger.

Let's fight against it!

It not 'one of them' it's 'those' Grrrr!

LOL - Man, I am an abuser of the "alot" and I even know better. ](*,)

I think Gary Moore uses a Heritage sometimes.

Yeah, I tried one of their hollow bodies--it was a sweet guitar but I wasn't looking to buy a guitar at the time, so I let it go. I'd probably be able to find the same model if I looked for it. It was a very nice instrument and seemed well-made, and it sounded great through the 65 Soho I was testing it out on. The headstock doesn't bother me. I wouldn't be able to tell you if they were or weren't better than current Gibsons in any way--I haven't played enough of either to make that judgment, although I've played a fair amount of new Gibsons, with varying degrees of satisfaction (heck, I'll admit that I even liked the current LP Standard that I played)--but are they good guitars? Yep, very much so. Would I consider buying one if I were looking for a new guitar? You betcha. Would Heritage guitars make me forsake Gibson entirely? Nope, but no brand around could make me forsake any other brand, period.

Used...their (they're) worth it.

New...not so much.

Semi hollow and hollow bodies are very good though.

Aside from the speeling and grammer, I'm in 100% agreement.

Whenever I think about the less-than-exciting headstock I just picture a Dean.

Then it ain't so bad.

Why do you say that (in regards to the "worth it" thoughts)? What are you basing your opinion on?

They make very good guitars.

But for the price you could buy a better les paul.

Ive played quite a few of them, they arent lacking in tone mostly but the feeling on the neck and fret bored feels sorta iffy.

I do know however that for a short time in the 80's they made very very good superstrat guitars that are searched after from many superstrat collectors. If you ever see one of those, pick it up you will love it.

Archived