Gibson Brands Forums

To celebrate 10,000 posts - again

NeoConMan

Does your significant other play guitar, or any other instrument?

Just wondering, it seems everybody I know who's serious with guitar is in a situation like mine.

Mrs. Neo plays a bit of piano, never pursued it with any vigor.

Clueless on guitar, doesn't even wanna pick one up.

Still, she's learned enough about electrics that she's better at IDing them by site or sound than she would have ever thought.

Sang all her life (mostly in church) and has the voice of a songbird.

What about you folks?

Not mine...Mrs Shred is not very musical. She enjoys listening but "doing" is another story. She's happy to listen to me wail on the axe but is not interested in picking one up herself. That's ok though...more guitars for me...like the new Flying V!! :)

She fully supports my habit! :)

None...

She can sew, cook, garden, and I don't know anyone in her league when it comes to shopping. She likes fishing... will bait her own hook, but I gotta take the fish off. And she WILL catch them. She's gone caving with me and loved it.

But nary a musical instrument.

Ok maybe the recorder and xylophone from grade school...:rolleyes:

She says one of the things that attracted her to me was my playing. Loves it when I serenade her. She's my biggest fan [thumbup]

I hear ya.

Mrs. Neo has given me Carte Blanche when it comes to buying another acoustic - prolly a Taylor 615 Florentine.

Doesn't like it when I serenade her with an electric. [rolleyes]

Actually WANTS me to get a good Dobro - that's the stuff she really likes...

That's awesome! Love a good Taylor guitar, too...

And Gibson had some KILLER Dobros in the old Showcase!

Now that I think on it... Mrs.C is responsible for the mandolin and the dulcimer too...

Hey!

Our women are manipulating us through our instruments....

Wait.. that didn't sound... um.... polite.....

[lol]

I have no significant other, so there goes that...

But nobody who has heard me play has told me to stop, or told me they didn't like it.

A young lady who's often wandering around through my residence hall came by once to ask me to play for her. No requests, no conditions, just came by to hear me play.

I figure, anyone who wants to come by to hear me play has a dead ear and won't care what I play, or how badly I **** it up! I can't remember what I played--I was probably too turned-on to put together a coherent cover, so I must have just fumbled around a little and tried to make it fit together for as long as she would sit around.

She liked it. [thumbup]

My wife sings folk and renaissance songs and can accompany herself on acoustic guitar. She plays piano very well and is learning heavy metal bass too. I got her a Fender Precision bass last Christmas and an Iron Maiden bass book and this year she wants a new amplifier! I will get her to sign up here.

Matt

Yeah, Mrs Tari played on learning piano when she was young, but has no desire to play guitar or listen to my music. I've got a couple songs she told me to put on my first CD, But i didn't put any love songs on it. She's been help at getting new guitars and equiptment, but when it's time to practice either out in the garage or in the back bedroom I go. :unsure:

My wife comes from an extremely musical family. They did folk music festivals back when she was younger and she went to college on a musical performance major. Carpel tunnel cut that short, but she still plays from time to time. I could listen to her all day.

Does your significant other play guitar, or any other instrument?

Just wondering, it seems everybody I know who's serious with guitar is in a situation like mine.

Mrs. Neo plays a bit of piano, never pursued it with any vigor.

Clueless on guitar, doesn't even wanna pick one up.

Still, she's learned enough about electrics that she's better at IDing them by site or sound than she would have ever thought.

Sang all her life (mostly in church) and has the voice of a songbird.

What about you folks?

my other half smokes pot and plays farmville on facebook in her spare time... [blink]

Yes, my wife, whom I refuse to refer to as Mrs. Surfpup, plays piano pretty well. Not in the "composes her

own music" kinda way but in the "open the Chopin book and play it" kinda way. I wished she played it more

often - classical piano is beautiful.

Archived