Gibson Brands Forums

Well, I did it

Artie Owl

Well, it's all a memory now, my first recital was yesterday. There were lots of talented kids there I hope their parents keep them interested in music because it really is invaluable in terms of getting a decent education. My fiancee took the video best should could with the equipment provided, so if you don't have decent computer speakers you won't be able to hear the video all the great. Also, I know it's a good community here but please, take it easy on me it's my first recorded recital. It's too bad you can't hear the bends and such better. But I promised Matthew Sear that I'd share so here it is;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIyf2pWP38g

Well, it's all a memory now, my first recital was yesterday. There were lots of talented kids there I hope their parents keep them interested in music because it really is invaluable in terms of getting a decent education. My fiancee took the video best should could with the equipment provided, so if you don't have decent computer speakers you won't be able to hear the video all the great. Also, I know it's a good community here but please, take it easy on me it's my first recorded recital. It's too bad you can't hear the bends and such better. But I promised Matthew Sear that I'd share so here it is;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIyf2pWP38g

good on yah!!!! the first is so darned scary. I havent performed publically for years and i wonder if i would have the courage these days. I always told myself that before folk should criticize they should try it themselves.. but most of all.. no matter how good or how bad it goes in future, just have fun!

nice one buddy!!!

Man! That was REALLY good! Playing up on stage without distortion to hide your mistakes and a full band to complement you is really tough and you did a killer job brother.

Matt is right and the FEEL was definitely there, and the tone was tasty to boot! You should be very proud of yourself. I'm glad you did that and I thank you for sharing it with us!

Awesome job, man! You'r cherry is officially busted! Sounded great, too. I could here you fairly well. Better than the other guitar.

I still get butterflies and once the first song is finished I am in a groove most of the time.

Same here. I took a five year break from playing/gigging after my daughter was born. The first time back on stage was terrifying.And I still get the butterfies before the first song. I'm getting better...

You did a great job!! I bet the acoustics in that church added some natural reverb. At least it looked like a church and a cross in the back ground?

Yes, it was a nice Church to boot. Kinda chilly though, thought I was getting cold feet but actually my feet were just cold [razz]

Nothing like the first time.

I played Silent Night on violin when I was in the 5th grade in front of the entire school. The music teacher didn't show up to tune the violin so I did the best I could to tune it. I was scared to death.

Yikes! Good on you for going ahead, I bet it sounded great! Welcome to the forums btw.

Well done fellow Canuck.

It takes guts to play in front of a crowd.

Be proud of yourself.

Playing in front of a group scares the poop out of me.

I'm getting more comfortable in my abilities and gaining confidence but that crowd thing is still a hurdle.

[thumbup][thumbup]

Dave

Archived