Gibson Brands Forums

Hypothetical question

Shnate McDuanus

If you could choose to be a guitarist in any band in history, what would it be?

I know, there are all sorts of concerns and objections you can raise to the concept, but you can't tell me you haven't once fantasized about replacing "that guitarist" in "that band."

For me, I would either go for Phil Campbell's current role (or "Fast" Eddie Clarke's former role) as the guitarist in Motorhead, or I'd take up Larry LaLonde's position in Primus...also, I'd want Ler's PRS guitars.

when i was a kid i always wanted to be bruce kulick of KISS [blush]

Now that Sterling Morrison is gone, I wouldn't mind his old job in the VU. Otherwise, second guitar in Muddy Waters' band of the early 1970s, please. Or third guitar in Bob Dylan's current touring band. Or fourth guitar in the Quintette du Hot Club de France.

If anyone has seen the movie " Being John Malkovich ", I would get into Brad Whitford's brain so I could play with Aerosmith. I jump right in at about the time they release "Get your wings " and go from there. Joe and company would be annoyed when I ( Brad ) kept coming up with creative excuses for not practicing, ( because in reality, I only know "Sick as a dog" and "Walk this way" ). So I get them addicted to various addictive narcotics so I can coast through and nobody notices that I don't know the songs, except for the pesky head roadie who suspects something but can't quite put his finger on it. He has an " accident ".

If ever I could be considered worthy of being on stage for this... My dad saw these three guys in a show like this. Absolutely incredible, breathtaking. The talent on stage right there, I lack the words to say. I'd love to give it a whirl.

Archived