Gibson Brands Forums

Weekend plans...?

daveinspain

Hey everyone, Just a quick note to start a little weekend dialog. Last nights band rehearsal went great. I'm even getting Venus, rhythm and lead... [biggrin] I'll be practicing all weekend, the big gig is coming up March 4th. We are playing at a dinner club that can seat 240 people. Dinner, concert and DJ dancing after the concert.

So what are you guys up to?

Well, I've only got two classes today, so I'm probably going to take a long nap after my last class.

Then I'll get up and watch some movies, maybe finish this book I've been reading.

They're showing a movie on campus tonight--maybe, if I try really hard, I can find a date to go with me. Otherwise I have no real reason to go.

Oh, and I'm going to play guitar. I've been trying to learn the guitar solos on Deep Purple In Rock.

In Ontario we have whats called family day on Monday. A provincial holiday. I booked off vacation today so I have a 4 day weekend.

My wife starts her early retirement/layoff in a little over a week so today is likely the last day I can take off entirely by myself.

I expect to have sore fingers and ringing ears by the end of the day.

Oh, and a belly full of ribs and beer tonight.

Damn life is good.

Hey everyone, Just a quick note to start a little weekend dialog. Last nights band rehearsal went great. I'm even getting Venus, rhythm and lead... [biggrin] I'll be practicing all weekend, the big gig is coming up March 4th. We are playing at a dinner club that can seat 240 people. Dinner, concert and DJ dancing after the concert.

wasn't there a certain someone from the Gibson forum you said you would meet next week sometime too? msp_biggrin.gif

Matt

In Ontario we have whats called family day on Monday. A provincial holiday. I booked off vacation today so I have a 4 day weekend.

My wife starts her early retirement/layoff in a little over a week so today is likely the last day I can take off entirely by myself.

I expect to have sore fingers and ringing ears by the end of the day.

Oh, and a belly full of ribs and beer tonight.

Damn life is good.

I'm still kind of bummed Nova Scotia didn't create "Beaver Day" when we were voting on a holiday for february. It got the most votes! We don't have Family Day here, but we do have the Canada Games currently, which has been a big boom for the city; 1300 atheletes and about 3000 volunteers has been good for the shopping and food districts.

My weekend plans include taking my little brother to a Halifax Mooseheads game, going to the free Great Big Sea concert at Celebration Square (related to Canada games), and taking some time to learn a few tunes on my new Susato Low D Irish whistle.

hello dave, well i just got in from work and feel extra tired tonight #-o, so i'm just chillaxing in front of the tv/pc for a few hours then i'll get an early night and no work tomorrow so i'll have a nice lay in...refresh myself for tomorrow afternoon when i'll have the energy to play with my new toys :), glad things are going good for you and your guitar playing [thumbup]

For Saturday I'm substitute teaching a class for Christian Leadership Development from Golden Gate Seminary, attending a wedding, playing guitar and then preaching at church.

On Sunday I'll go to church and teach a college/career class, give a children's sermon and then in the afternoon I'm officiating a funeral. When I get home I'll finish my paper for class on Monday.

I think that's enough.

Tonight - Take the dogs for a walk (our new Boston loves walking and that has rubbed off on our younger Boston), drinking beer, relax with my wife, and try to forget the abusive week at work.

Tomorrow - Now that the recycle and garbage cans are visible after the snow melt it is time to take out the mound of trash bags and recyclables. At 3pm we'll have Church of the Sonic Guitar service. On the list is hearing the beauty of the new P-94 with my Fuzz Factory and recording vocals. Evening will be a post Valentine's Day dinner with my wife, her best friend, and her best friend's boyfriend. We'll be eating sashimi & rolls and drinking beer. Maybe a couples swap for dessert?*

Sunday - A trip to Abt to look at a treadmill, TV, and monitors for my listening room. Also find out why my washing machine keeps tripping the breaker. Best guess is that the motor needs to be swapped.

*kidding

Archived