Gibson Brands Forums

Your Favorite or Most Listened to Band at the moment...

ShredAstaire

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now it's Pavement [...]

I'm glad there's some "Pavement-love" here. Great band! [thumbup]

I've been on a sort of Country-Rock kick lately, because I just got that remaster of "Exile on Main St". I have been listening to that, Grateful Dead, Gram Parsons, Ryan Adams and Wilco.

And along these lines I've been working on trying to...errr...uhhh... sing... some Neil Young tunes... [blush]

I just keep coming back to the Lucinda Williams Live at the Filmore... great melodies and guitar-work/tone.

One of my favorite albums! Doug's playing on the record(and in general) is incredible.

Aside from classic rock I love modern and classic alternative.Lately I've been listening to Midlake,a mostly acoustic group with a mediaeval type sound somewhere along the line of Fairport Convention with a bit of Steeleye Span,Gryphon and Rogue Wave thrown in.I also really like Apples In Stereo and the Elephant 6 group and Nada Surf and The High Dials and Mideast.

I saw this Les Paul tribute on PBS and was blown away by Imelda May's voice. (and Jeff Beck's playing) . Got her new album and it's great.....her husband is on guitar and is pretty good himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKKiZiPxNms

Saw them do that live :P it was fantastic, and I do agree her husband is quite good too, though he pales in comparison to Jeff (nearly everyone does)

I've been listening to Rainbow consistently now that I have my vinyl records back in action, I also bought their first LP which I did not have.

Ritchie Blackmore's playing is so incredible and it sounds even better on vinyl.

Aside from classic rock I love modern and classic alternative.Lately I've been listening to Midlake,a mostly acoustic group with a mediaeval type sound somewhere along the line of Fairport Convention with a bit of Steeleye Span,Gryphon and Rogue Wave thrown in.I also really like Apples In Stereo and the Elephant 6 group and Nada Surf and The High Dials and Mideast.

You are blowing my mind, brother. Although I do not own any Midlake, I have heard them more than a few times and been blown away. Great sound.

And Elephant 6? That takes me back. Had the pleasure of seeing The High Dials twice.

For "old style" music one might consider "modern classical" or whatever...

Some attractive young woman is singing this exceptionally well - and somehow she must have talked somebody who's a pretty decent guitar picker to do some nice accompaniment.

I have no idea whatsoever who those talented people are, of course... But...

Hi, Matt... <huge grin>

m

Well, most of you, that know me, here...know that "The Beatles,"

are my all time favorite band...period! Having said that, I

love a lot of other bands, as well. British Invasion (both times),

American, European, and other varieties. And, I go through periods,

where I listen to one, or another, for...well, a long time, quite

often. Right now, I'm back, doing "The Pretenders," "Joan Jett's"

greatest hits (including The Runaways major hits). But, I go from

Mozart, Bach, Debussy, and other Classical works, to 3 Doors Down,

The Wallflowers, Amy Winehouse, and anything in between. I just

love "music!" Which music, is whatever I'm feeling, or into, at the

time.

CB

I was feeling like some psycadelic goodness so I popped in Relics by Pink Floyd.

AWHH YEAH.

So ridiculously awesome. Next time I jam with my drummer we're definately jamming on "The Nile Song". It's not my favorite song on the album but it's so highly jammable. That fuzz... Oh man. I think I'm gonna cover that song.

Archived