Gibson Brands Forums

greatest guitar solo ever...

S t e v e

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first solo was really good, the 2nd solo was a bit medicore. Ive seen tons of metal bands pull out solos like the 2nd one.

Agreed, Myles solo had good feel and worked with the melody and he wasn't overplaying. Mark's - overplayed and indulgent....

Great singer and great guitar playing [thumbup][thumbup] ..... Wish more of the newer rock groups were doing this

i went to see these last oct, i was more transfixed on kennedys playing than i was tremonti's [thumbup]

i went to see these last oct, i was more transfixed on kennedys playing than i was tremonti's [thumbup]

I would love to attend one of their concerts.... they are definitely a throw-back [thumbup]

Gives me hope that big rock may still have a chance

Come on.

Talented band? . Yes . . . . . Talented musicians? . Yes . . . . . Talented singers? . Yes . . . . . A band I'd like to see? . Yes

Greatest guitar solo ever? . No.

is that your opinion?...it was theres too ( magazine readers) jus sayin [biggrin]

is that your opinion?...it was theres too ( magazine readers) jus sayin [biggrin]

Yes, that's my opinion - not the greatest guitar solo ever. Now you're saying the magazine readers had the same opinion as mine - not the greatest guitar solo ever. Cool.

Because in your OP and title, it appeared you meant the magazine readers voted this THE best ever guitar solo ever.

Of course you're confused. Put the top back on that bottle of vodka. The world didn't end. [flapper]

Yes, that's my opinion - not the greatest guitar solo ever. Now you're saying the magazine readers had the same opinion as mine - not the greatest guitar solo ever. Cool.

Because in your OP and title, it appeared you meant the magazine readers voted this THE best ever guitar solo ever.

Of course you're confused. Put the top back on that bottle of vodka. The world didn't end. [flapper]

:)

The best solo IMO.

Could be EVH on 'Beat it' or Steve Lukather for his work on both 'Rosanna' solo's.

Lights Out (the original recording).... Michael just shreds like no other on both solos in that jam

These "polls" are always based on rock...ever hear of jazz? As good as these guys are (and they are very good) there are a number of jazz players who would leave them in the dust..I would go so far as to say there are players in Nashville bagging groceries to pay the rent who would blow the doors off most rockers.

These "polls" are always based on rock...ever hear of jazz? As good as these guys are (and they are very good) there are a number of jazz players who would leave them in the dust..I would go so far as to say there are players in Nashville bagging groceries to pay the rent who would blow the doors off most rockers.

you are correct, but if you by a jazz mag then maybe the readers will have there own "greatest solo" poll...

Archived