Gibson Brands Forums

say something nice

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest Farnsbarns Wunterslausche

Right, with all the mud flinging going on I thought this would redress the balance a little.

The say something nice thread...

I'll start...

Cookieman's Clapton Strat is the first Fender I've ever coveted. It sounds amazing and he knows how to play it too.

I don't hate EVERYONE on this forum

You're not entering into the spirit of this game are you?

Nate(aka Fuzzy Fred) is a spirited and imaginative young musician.

Andy R is a DIY Genius .

And every one here shares a common bond, music.

our personality's may clash, but we all move the feet in this world with our passion for sound.

I like the people on this forum who aren't super uptight and willing to giggle.

Ok, slightly double edged but I'll take that. :)

This is easy.

By nature, people are good. Lots of different opinions but thats cool with me. And as said earlier, we all share a common bond...Guitar and music, in all it's various forms.

Dave

This is the first forum I ever really ever posted on. I came here to find out about a bridge on my E2 Explorer and have since enjoyed many great conversations, debates, funnies and have had the opportunity to "meet" and interact with a lot of unique, cool, funny, and diverse people.

You guys may not know this but...

I was struggling with severe anxiety/depression for almost 2 years before I started posting on here. For some reason it seems the communication outlet here has really made my anxiety and depression dissipate and I have found renewed inspiration in things that I had loved and lost all interest in.

Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome, reading my long posts, providing inspiration, making me think and all the nice compliments I get from you guys.

It is appreciated more than you know and I wish everyone on here nothing but the best.

Kind Regards to all,

Andy

This is the first forum I ever really ever posted on. I came here to find out about a bridge on my E2 Explorer and have since enjoyed many great conversations, debates, funnies and have had the opportunity to "meet" and interact with a lot of unique, cool, funny, and diverse people.

I too only post on this forum and enjoy the banter the knowledge and also being able to use the knowledge found here to thoroughly annoy the local music store. Andy, I find you one of the most knowledgeable and friendly Gibsonites on here and as a former sufferer of the same sort of conditions I can only say the world is an amazing place with music it only gets better.

I took medication for my issues and hated it I found I couldn't write music anymore which depressed me even further.

" What great musician wasn't tortured to some extent, great music comes from those willing to articulate their pain in its most honest and truest form, to stand in front of the world and open those scars whilst performing is the greatest affirmation of the strength of the child that played their first chord. "

Andy...

I think the deeper value of forums like this is that, if they're at all courteous, they're a marvelous outlet for something totally different from one kind of "real life" with another kind of "real life" where guitar pickin' and music are both the ends and the means...

m

You guys may not know this but...

I was struggling with severe anxiety/depression for almost 2 years before I started posting on here. For some reason it seems the communication outlet here has really made my anxiety and depression dissipate and I have found renewed inspiration in things that I had loved and lost all interest in.

Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome, reading my long posts, providing inspiration, making me think and all the nice compliments I get from you guys.

It is appreciated more than you know and I wish everyone on here nothing but the best.

Kind Regards to all,

Andy

I wish I could give you more than one + for that post. I was on an antidepressant a few years back. What a nasty thing that was. I too love this forum, and the people here. It's like Cheers, where everybody knows your name. Yeah I know I post mostly in the acoustic section, but I still know most everyone and definitely value the friendships and kinship.

Right, with all the mud flinging going on I thought this would redress the balance a little.

The say something nice thread...

I'll start...

Cookieman's Clapton Strat is the first Fender I've ever coveted. It sounds amazing and he knows how to play it too.

Farns, I'm humbled and very appreciative of your comments. That Strat is amazing and I still haven't changed the strings on her yet. Every time I start to I end up playing it instead.msp_thumbup.gif

I really like coming on here a hearing new music pointed out and reminded of old music I forgot about. I first signed up when I got my Gibson Country Gentlemen because I was looking for information about it. Then my house flooded and I was just about off the internet for most of last year. Now that things are starting to get back in shape I find that I like this board more than most other.... even they ones I'm a moderator on.

I think I either must miss all the exciting forum shenanigans while I am asleep. Either that, or while reading away and chuckling at posts (assuming they were good natured banter) have completely missed the underlying intended dig! LMAO

Okay here's my positive/nice thought. While in many parts of the west we are financially feeling the pinch, compared to parts of the third world, we still live a life of absolute luxury and good health!

So heres to counting our blessings of what we have and to Gibson (and the many other makers) that make some lovely gear that so many of us musicians can afford to enjoy. On internet forums (and in real life) I feel it has become an almost a trend to enjoy looking on the negative side instead of seeing the best in something.

Matt

Archived