Gibson Brands Forums

what do you think of this PRS?

S t e v e

PRS 2011 Studio 10 Top Eriza Verde #177846

11102110342468f.jpg

PRS’s new 22 fret, 25” scale length Studio model electric guitar is a fresh, modern rendition of a traditional single-single-hum guitar set up with the beauty and brightness of a maple top. The possibilities are vast with PRS’s proprietary 57/08 Narrowfield pickups in the middle and bass positions in conjunction with a 57/08 humbucking bridge pickup. Screaming lead tones, crisp rhythm tones and 5-way blade switch also enhance the flexibility of this guitar in the studio or on stage.

i like the blonde headstock and the mini buckers.

prs ive never been a huge fan of. maybe its just because i find that the "benefits" they have can be found in most gibsons and fenders.. now i know its stupid for me to think that every company should bring something to the table, as there will always be companies that are around to put their spin on an existing idea/product so i guess i have to cut someslack in that sense.

the guitars are built well from what i have seen and felt. just nothing special.

It's pretty. All their guitars are really pretty. I just can't get into them. Like EVOL, I wanted one so bad when I was in high school (Page Hamilton had one). I played one a couple years back and just didn't like it. The neck was weird to me. It is a nice guitar though.

Its the PRS of OZ!!!!! [rolleyes][rolleyes] I like its looks. Id probably like the tone. The Narrowfields seem to be up my alley. But I've played pre-95 PRSs ( such as a friends 91' CE-24 ) with the shorter heel and theres just no comparison man! Its like pre-Dunlop MXR pedals, Maxon-made Ibanez pedals, MIJ Boss pedals, pre JCM800 Marshalls, pre-Rola Celestions, original DOD pedals ( the old 250 comes to mind ), original Way Huge pedals ( which most of us probably won't play in our lifetime ), pre-1980s Kiss, pre-Power Windows Rush, pre-98 Pearl Jam, THE REAL F'N GUNS N' ROSES!!!!! ( Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven. No offense to Matt or Gilbey, they're great too, but Appetite and GNR Lies are the best man! ), pre-biker dude Zakk Wylde, pre-Black Album Metallica ( Kill Em' All and Ride the Lightning rule! Before those crappy Mesa Boogie amps came in... ). You get the picture.

I do not like fancy tops and do not like PRS necks, so that's more PRS for everyone else.

In college I remember wanting a PRS so badly until I played one. Talk about massive disappointment.

Yeah, I don't like PRS either, I don't know what it is about them, but for me, there is just no magic.

Also, that top reminds me too much of lime jello.

I do not like fancy tops and do not like PRS necks, so that's more PRS for everyone else.

In college I remember wanting a PRS so badly until I played one. Talk about massive disappointment.

yup.

my friend got three PRS's from his dad (yeah, he's rich as ****, but doesn't own an amp. what's up with that?)

So I was all excited as I went over to his house to see his new guits, and I couldn't really enjoy playing any of them.

PRS is just like communism, great on paper...

Archived