FenderGuy1

Saving my own money from my wages. My funding plan is this:

Mortgage.

Household bills.

Food.

Clothing.

Going out for a night out(Maybe).

Finally GAS.

So far I have save around £1,000 towards my next guitar that will cost £1,500.

But if I need the money to pay a bill, or help someone out the Guitar will come second everytime.

When GAS becomes unbearable, I turn to my side business and it goes something like this..... I provide services to clients and in agreement for services, the clients graciously write checks or provide CC #'s to the local music store ( GC ) for the objects of my GAS. This arrangement works well in that my GAS is temporarily abated and actual traceable monies never enter my bank accounts.

When GAS becomes unbearable, I turn to my side business and it goes something like this..... I provide services to clients and in agreement for services, the clients graciously write checks or provide CC #'s to the local music store ( GC ) for the objects of my GAS. This arrangement works well in that my GAS is temporarily abated and actual traceable monies never enter my bank accounts.

That's quite a little scam you got going there. Wish I thought of it.

That's quite a little scam you got going there. Wish I thought of it.

I don't consider it a scam, just a way of bartering my valuable time and skills for an agreed upon exchange of goods. Now if I was to turn around and sell said item for cash and not claim it that would be sort of like " washing " money, and we all know that's illegal. msp_cool.gif But, I see what your saying.

For me its the intrest free credit :P im terrible, I have three on the go at once right now :o

As for why I do it.. well i guess its cos its irristastible to me the ultimate functional art,not only are they great to look at but you can play them ... Plus probably that guitarists never ending search for that "Sound" which seems to change and expand over time making it an ongoing thing..

But hey, you gotta have something in life that you feel passionate about and thats all yours :)

Are you saying the money is tax free, or just that a spouse need not know about these purchases? One is legally "iffy", while the other is a great dodge that I'm rather interested in.

if it is a tax dodge, it's very hard to detect unless someone sends you a 1099, or tries to write off the payment as a business expense and gets audited.

I'm a bartender. Making 500 bucks a weekend is pretty common. This steady flow of income was just a recent thing too. Before, I was bartending for some upscale sushi restaurant but no one wanted to grab a drink!

I got wise and finally found a job at one of the hottest night spots in town!

[thumbup]

GAS is a terrible thing! I don't know what to spend my cash on! I'm thinking another amplifier.. [confused]

For me its the intrest free credit :P im terrible, I have three on the go at once right now :o

As for why I do it.. well i guess its cos its irristastible to me the ultimate functional art,not only are they great to look at but you can play them ... Plus probably that guitarists never ending search for that "Sound" which seems to change and expand over time making it an ongoing thing..

But hey, you gotta have something in life that you feel passionate about and thats all yours :)

I think Andertons have a 24 month 0% finance deal going on most Gibsons and Epi's at the moment. Obviuosly I'm sold on the ES 137.

I told my wife that I was going through a mid-life crisis and that I wanted either 1) a girlfriend, 2) a brand new BMW, or 3) a bunch of guitars. She got to choose and went for the guitars, which was my orginal intention. To quote Hannibal Smith "I love it when a plan comes together."

She later got me a BMW too! Gotta love the wife. Who else would put up with my stupid jokes?

I told my wife that I was going through a mid-life crisis and that I wanted either 1) a girlfriend, 2) a brand new BMW, or 3) a bunch of guitars. She got to choose and went for the guitars, which was my orginal intention. To quote Hannibal Smith "I love it when a plan comes together."

She later got me a BMW too! Gotta love the wife. Who else would put up with my stupid jokes?

I tried the Girlfriend line on my wife only once, she told me she thought a girlfriend would be cheaper. Especially after she got to sell half of everything I own... [scared]

I don't use that threat anymore.

Are you saying the money is tax free, or just that a spouse need not know about these purchases? One is legally "iffy", while the other is a great dodge that I'm rather interested in.

if it is a tax dodge, it's very hard to detect unless someone sends you a 1099, or tries to write off the payment as a business expense and gets audited.

My business flows a good bit of cash monies and personal checks, I have never been 1099'd by anyone, so I have been fortunate in that respect. My wife is always aware of the impending GAS cures, I think it amuses her.

Archived