Gibson Brands Forums

Jealousy?

Tim Plains

–adjective

1. feeling resentment against someone because of that person's rivalry, success, or advantages (often fol. by of): He was jealous of his rich brother.

2. feeling resentment because of another's success, advantage, etc. (often fol. by of): He was jealous of his brother's wealth.

Just out of curiosity, do other people's guitar/guitar collections actually make you jealous?

I love seeing what guitars others have in their stables, but I don't get jealous in the least!

Sometimes but it's really just from looking at pictures and thinking, "Hmmm... it sure would be nice to own a burst" which is purely cosmetic. I'm very happy with what I have and haven't felt the desire to buy any guitars (or anything else for that matter) in quite a long time.

I love guitars, no matter WHO owns 'em. And, at 60, I've already lived a lot longer than I expected to and am flat out grateful for everything I have, which is a great deal more than I deserve. I've never understood jealousy as anything other than a waste of time and energy.

I love guitars' date=' no matter WHO owns 'em. And, at 60, I've already lived a lot longer than I expected to and am flat out grateful for everything I have, which is a great deal more than I deserve. I've never understood jealousy as anything other than a waste of time and energy.[/quote']

+10000

I can buy any guitar I want. I really only like a few at a time, so I'm comfortable with them. In fact I'm selling/swapping my last #1 Tele to buy my daughter a Lester for her birthday.

That'll just leave me with 3 electrics, and my J45RW acoustic.

Never jealous. I'm happy for ya!

Murph.

I don't usually get jealous, but I somtimes feel some envy when certain people constantly post pics of their Custom Shop reissues and go on and on about how great they are eusa_whistle.gif

Seriously, no. I just love looking at everyone else's geetars but am happy with what I have.

I love looking at other guitar collector's stables. I am not jealous of that in the least. I have the collection I have always wanted. I am jealous in other ways:

- I am jealous of friends or people that have a spirituality I wish I had.

- I am jealous of my friend's BMW Z-8 Alpina Edition - then he recently wrecked it.

- I am jealous of friends that are successful cartoonists and animators (I went to CalArts to enroll, and wound up not going at all).

Honestly... Some of the biggest gear whores around are also two of the board members I respect the most.

Both of them honest hard working dudes, with a great sense of humor, and one has all the answers the other, all the questions.

This Maple Leaf is for both of you...

with Love from my USA Made loins...

Sir D*ck....

Honestly... Some of the biggest gear whores around are also two of the board members I respect the most.

Both of them honest hard working dudes' date=' with a great sense of humor, and one has all the answers the other, all the questions.

This Maple Leaf is for both of you...

with Love from my USA Made loins...

Sir D*ck....[/quote']

i guess i'm not part of your circle jerk....;)

does this mean that

a) i am not a gear whore

B) you just dont respect me

c) a & b

Archived