Gibson Brands Forums

What foods do you hate?

Mr. Gibson

Thanks for reminding me, Rabs and EVOL!

I really do not like pineapple on pizza, and I cannot STAND cilantro.

Re; cilantro, I once hurt a lady's feelings rather badly at a Sunday NFL football-watching get-together in Texas a few years ago.

I was visiting a friend who was (like me) a die-hard, long-suffering Miami Dolphins fan.

All his neighbors showed up for the barbecue and football-watching, and everybody brought side-dishes.

One lady brought a beautiful glass serving bowl hard-loaded with a lovely and fresh tomato salsa.

I complimented her on how good it looked, and I dipped a large Tostitos chip into it, and then took a big bite.

"Gaaack," I exclaimed. "What is in this stuff anyway??"

"Do you like it?" she chirped. "It's called cilantro. Everybody is using it now."

"No, I do not like it. It tastes like somebody shredded-up a plastic fork in a blender, and then poured it into this otherwise okay salsa!"

The lady tearfully retired to the other side of the kitchen, and engaged in emotional whispers with a bunch of the other neighborhood women.

For the rest of the day I received hateful stares and a very cold shoulder from all the hens at the party.

It took quite a few cold beers to wash that terrible taste out of my mouth, that much I do recall.

:unsure:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love food, eat almost everything.

But... we have something called surströmming here in Sweden, very popular in the north, but i realy hate it!

Here is a YT where americans got the chance to try it, seems like they does´nt they like it either [rolleyes]

I love cilantro. Gotta have cilantro and onion on any good taco [biggrin]

I can accept if you guys don't like cilantro, but to smother a taco in lettuce and cheese is a crime. Adding sour cream is punishable by death. I don't even want to think about mango salsa anymore, but they should kill you twice for that crime [laugh]

Based on my upbringing, I will eat what was given, eat what was taken. Further, I will clean my plate because there are starving children in the world who would give anything to eat what is on my plate.

May I be excused?

Well put!

This thread is first world problems for certain.

Organs intended for detoxing shouldn't be served as food, IMO. Other than that, I like pretty much all foods. Spinach, burgers, pasta, veggie dishes, bacon, noodles, soups, fish, anything really.

Oh! Not big on fruit, though.

Pumpkin, brussel sprouts, cooked cabbage (OK as slaw), offal, broad beans, cauliflower (unless raw).

What you call Cilantro, we call Coriander and I hate it! Hate is a strong word but appropriate in this case,

Happy to eat fish and mostly all seafood, in fact have it at least once a week depending on how the fishing is going.

Not super keen on Pork other than bacon of course but eat it, preferably BBQ Chinese style when I can buy Pork fillet cheap enough.

Will not eat native Australian animals ever!

I love cilantro.

Right there with ya! Can you say Mexican food? I can however, understand that cilantro is a love it or hate it thing. Why? No idea, but people look at me funny when I say I hate mayo so I can relate. To each his own I suppose.

Cilantro is fine if it is used judiciously. However, it can overwhelm everything else really quickly. I make my own salsa in the summer, and have learned to use less cilantro than instinct might tell you. It's powerful stuff.

I'll eat just about anything as long as it's cooked. So sushi is a big no for me.

Quite a lot of sushi rolls actually use cooked fish. Sashimi is raw, and some sushi rolls feature raw fish. I'm a big fan of raw tuna in both sushi and sashimi styles myself.

So sushi is a big no for me.

Forgot about that. Terry Bradshaw once said something to the effect of "Where I come from, that call that stuff bait". I tend to agree. Not into uncooked seafood, no way, no how.

Forgot about that. Terry Bradshaw once said something to the effect of "Where I come from, that call that stuff bait". I tend to agree. Not into uncooked seafood, no way, no how.

[lol] More for me...

Caught a bunch of these little tuna last Sunday...

IMG_7126.jpg

This was dinner...

IMG_7133.jpg

1472316569[/url]' post='1794801']

Based on my upbringing, I will eat what was given, eat what was taken. Further, I will clean my plate because there are starving children in the world who would give anything to eat what is on my plate.

May I be excused?

I was brought up that way too. Married now the wife and I only buy what we like but if I'm at a wedding or someplace I will choke down something I'm not fond of and not say anything. But something's mentioned here I agree on, I hate liver or anything inside of animals like heart gizzard ect. The wife went out with friends and tried sushi and octopus but I'd never eat that. Something's folks hate her I like. I grew up on macaroni and cheese and things. I love itallion, American, Mexican foods the best but really, if it came down to it and any of us were actually starving to death, they say we would eat anything we could find.

Chocolate, believe it or not. I've hated it ever since I was a kid. Second to that, I won't touch any variety of animal guts.

Well said. It rankles when food 'experts' claim that 'everybody likes chocolate'. For about 15 years I avoided chocolate and got to the point where the smell of it was 'too rich' for me.

I'm back on chocolate now, but still think its overrated.

Only ever had sushi once, and let's just say I'm not ordering it again. It was a bunch of different types on a platter, and I found every single one objectionable.

I'm usually not picky and I like all kinds of exotic foods, so I was disappointed I didn't like it. Oh well, more for the rest of you.

Archived