Gibson Brands Forums

do you have children?

S t e v e

My 7 yr old son has asked me to buy cigarettes for him, i refused...i worry about him handling matches when he's drunk.

That's a darn shame STEVE.....He's supposed to be SELLING cigarettes TO you..........

My 7 yr old son has asked me to buy cigarettes for him, i refused...i worry about him handling matches when he's drunk.

Good on you! Gotta watch out with kids. Most would walk off a second story deck if you let them.

I've already decided I'm never going to have kids. This world doesn't need my children running around. Besides, I'd be a horrible father.

"Daddy, can I have some cigarettes?"

"Here, take my pack. I'll go grab another at the store."

Suddenly the little fxcker's smoking Pall Mall Full Flavors like his old man. We don't need any more clinically (see: chronically) depressed, neurotic chain-smokers in this world.

Hell, when my kid wanted cigs, I handed him some razor blades and said, "here kid, chew on these and stand in the middle of the freeway.."

Cool thing is, he turned out fine, graduated college, has a wife and kids, but speaks with a gravelly voice !!!!!

could have been worse......my son asked for a gibson les paul,

i gave him my deluxe,

i'm still crying,

but isn't that what fathers are for?.......and i ain't rich by the way!

Kids learn by watching mom and dad doing it. If they see you smoking cigs then they will do it too.

usually true, but not always........Mrs.B & I both smoked and drank socially in our sons' view when he was older....perhaps 13,14........he never smoked,toked,and only had an occasional beer after asking me for it.....(16,17 at this time).

He went to church(w/o Mrs.B & I), was a quickly budding guitarist/singer, was an Eagle Scout, he was Chaplain of his Police Explorer Scout unit, and planned on being a cop.

His Scoutmaster had already worked it out for the local PD to pay for him to go to academy and then work for them when he graduated High School.

He was showing off while driving and was killed in a wreck 4 months before his 18th birthday.........

apologies for the side-track there......it's not always "monkey see monkey do", but usually that's the case

usually true, but not always........Mrs.B & I both smoked and drank socially in our sons' view when he was older....perhaps 13,14........he never smoked,toked,and only had an occasional beer after asking me for it.....(16,17 at this time).

He went to church(w/o Mrs.B & I), was a quickly budding guitarist/singer, was an Eagle Scout, he was Chaplain of his Police Explorer Scout unit, and planned on being a cop.

His Scoutmaster had already worked it out for the local PD to pay for him to go to academy and then work for them when he graduated High School.

He was showing off while driving and was killed in a wreck 4 months before his 18th birthday.........

apologies for the side-track there......it's not always "monkey see monkey do", but usually that's the case

B4L, what a HORRIBLE story!

I can't imagine the pain for both you and Mrs. B.

What an amazing young man he appeard to be.

Thank you for sharing, I hope it didn't bring too much pain to remember.

Bob

Bender 4 Life I am sorry for your loss, and I offer madd props to you for the courage and humility to type it out right here in front of all of us intarwebringnet thingy l00zerz. That was not easy.

rct

Archived