Gibson Brands Forums

NGD!!! NGD!!! NGD!!! FINALLY my FIRST Gibson!

meanstreak

I FINALLY found it! The perfect J-45! After 13 years of dreaming and three years of saving up I've finally joined the club! Sunburst J-45 Standard, I know there is a million and one of them out there but this one is AALLLLL MINE!!

Got it for $2000 out the door from a certain big guitar shop many of us (including myself) have complained about in the past, but this one sounded so good I had to do it! I've even complained that I couldn't find one that sounded better than my Epi Masterbilts but I finally did! I'll take some pics tomorrow but tonight I'm taking a break from playing only to stuff my face and type this post!

I FINALLY found it! The perfect J-45! After 13 years of dreaming and three years of saving up I've finally joined the club! Sunburst J-45 Standard, I know there is a million and one of them out there but this one is AALLLLL MINE!!

Got it for $2000 out the door from a certain big guitar shop many of us (including myself) have complained about in the past, but this one sounded so good I had to do it! I've even complained that I couldn't find one that sounded better than my Epi Masterbilts but I finally did! I'll take some pics tomorrow but tonight I'm taking a break from playing only to stuff my face and type this post!

Oh man I am sooooo happy for you!! Seriously! I can't wait to see pics!....I know your a burst lover like me, and it sounds like you got the perfect Gibson! That is very cool!

Big congratulations man, well done ! I remember still clearly the moment when I finally bought my first Gibson the 69er in NYC ... it was a most divine feeling that lasted for long, long time .... still does actually.

Now update your signature !

While it was a long time ago I still recall my first Gibson - a 1930s L-00 for which I paid the princely sum of $125. I did not know anything about Gibsons at the time but it it was off in a corner and just kinda beckoned to me to come hither.

ooohhhh ya man, one thing is for sure, the neck is perfect size for my huge hands (6'4" 275 lbs) and feels great. I don't seem to get the pain/tiredness in my thumb after a long time playing barre chords like I do on my other guitars, but I suppose that could just be the excitement from actually having it in my house! It's got some nicks from lots of playing and bumps from being on the showroom floor, but it sounds so dang good I don't care about any of that!

Here's some pics I took just this afternoon -

2w6ht7p.jpg

2sbtwmc.jpg

5b1951.jpg

no8sbq.jpg

xc5gzr.jpg

2up9ua8.jpg

And of course one of my old girl who will be getting pretty jealous of all the time spent alone in the case stuffed in the closet!

4to9oh.jpg

thanks for all the props guys, been really enjoying the new guitar for about a week now and it's just getting better!

Ah, the simple, elegant beauty of the J-45. Congratulations!

And don't put that Epi away in its case! Put it in an open tuning and keep it handy. That gives you two different musical avenues to explore at your fingertips!

That's a pretty good idea actually, I think I'll do that!

Archived