Gibson Brands Forums

It's my birthday

Ryan H

Celebrated my 21st birthday with the family last night, though my actual birthday is today, September 8th. 21 isn't as huge a deal to me as some others because I rarely drink and don't gamble, and I'm rarely in the US when I Do drink (drinking age up here is 19).

It's been a fun ride so far, even though I'm barely getting started (i'm sure there'll be some old-timers calling me a kid on here in no time :P).

Ordering a set of speakers for my 2x12 tomorrow with some of the money I've received. WGS ET65 and Veteran 30. Can't wait to hear them.

-Ryan

Happy Birthday To You, Ryan. All my good wishes from here, in particular what you'd wish for yourself. [thumbup] I hope the speakers will work and sound as desired.

As for kids and old-timers, every man is a boy at heart. Despite of being grown up for over two thirds of my previous lifetime, I guess I won't live to see myself as an adult. [biggrin] The Les Paul guitars of my age are among the most revered solidbody electrics, but other than me I believe they will keep on going better with age for a long time. [rolleyes]

Happy birthday man....

Lol, I certainly have t-shirts older than that [lol]

But its all good.... before you know it you will be 40 :P ;)

Just enjoy your time man, do cool things and be as happy as you can.. that's all anyone can really ask [thumbup]

Yup to the "Happy Birthday."

Seriously, I think 21 in ways is something of a gateway in our minds. The comment that boys never really grow up is at minimum partly true. We learn - or don't learn - to accept increasing responsibility throughout our lives, but some stuff - like GAS and other toys - never goes away. Then again... I think girls just hide such outlooks a while.

Anyway, best of luck as you travel. Whether it's your music preference or not, I love the George Strait song that goes, "I was a young troubadour when I rode in on a song; I'll be an old troubadour when I'm gone."

m

Happy B-day Ryan, and Happy day after B-day Deeman. [thumbup] hope you both have great ones. Ryan, I was surprised to hear that you are only 21, your responses

to posts and questions on the boards belay your age, a truly intelligent young man [thumbup] This 61 yr old man has learned a lot from you. Thanks. Forgive me, but I have to say it.................I've got underwear older than you. {tip from an old man, buy quality} [lol]

Again to both of you happy B-day and many, many more [thumbup]

TC

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone! This is why I love this forum; such a great community. This year's also the big Five-O for my Melody Maker (1964). And my Marshall is 30! Jeez, lots of big birthdays in my house this year..

Hope to stick around here for many more birthdays to come ;)

-Ryan

Ryan...

If anything, I envy you. Not for being 48 years younger, but rather for the opportunities for learning guitar and almost everything else that are much expanded by the Internet.

Believe me, you have all my very best wishes. Life can be extremely rewarding; it can be cruel.

In dwelling, be close to the land.

In meditation, go deep in the heart.

In dealing with others, be gentle and kind.

In speech, be true.

In ruling, be just.

In daily life, be competent.

In action, be aware of the time and the season.

m

Archived