Gibson Brands Forums

Brain worms...

saturn

Here's something a little lighter to get away from the heavy crap going on around us.

You know when you hear a song, or even think of something that reminds you of a song, and then that tune keeps playing in your head the rest of the day.

Lately for me, since that Geico commercial started playing, it's been "The Final Countdown". [cursing]

Here's another one that never fails to stick. You're welcome [flapper]

Here's another one that I get in my head almost every work day. I work in a machine shop and on any given day am on the drill. The drill has a chuck and the chuck has a key. I'm always looking for the chuck key....so....

Ahh man... this gets me ALL the time.. Just like one or two bars of music that loop around in my head until I want to cut it off :) (cos often its not great music)... I have a cure for it though... A backup song in case that even if it loops in my head wont drive me totally bonkers which for me is Thunderstruck by AC/DC it rocks enough to get almost anything else out of my head...

And sometimes those tunes are so random I don't know where they come from... How about this (for anyone who grew up watching it)

Or possibly one of the most annoying songs EVER made... THERESSSSSS kinlgons on the starboard bow :) Its WORSE than that hes DEAD JIM.

Here's another one that I get in my head almost every work day. I work in a machine shop and on any given day am on the drill. The drill has a chuck and the chuck has a key. I'm always looking for the chuck key....so....

I agree with this one but funny thing is I still like the song and I would like to see her perform live...and I would be disappointed if she did not do it. [thumbup]

They all get stuck in my head! If I had a dollar for every hour I spent tossing in bed because I wrote, rehearsed, or just listened to music close to bed time I'd be a very rich man. It takes me hours to shut it down after a gig and get to sleep. And if I try to work on recording or writing anything at night, I might as well just not go to bed. I've struggled with this a long time. I just can't shut it off.

And sometimes those tunes are so random I don't know where they come from... How about this (for anyone who grew up watching it)

Ah yes! The Littlest Hobo! Loved that when I was a kid and really like the theme song. I wouldn't mind having that stuck in my head as it brings back nice childhood memories [smile]

Not to derail the thread but here's another favourite theme song form my childhood, and a great cartoon too...

Aiky Breaky?? That is awful!!!! Ever since I saw the movie "Monte Walsh" last weekend. I've had "The good times are coming" (Mama Cass) in my head. I want to get the chording for the song, but can't find it. Love the song and want to add it to my list. Plenty of Utube stuff.

GuitarsAnn

Well here is something worse, "Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Dog". Wife sings it over and over to the Grandson. One year old, Nov. 13. Then the son buys him a Micky Mouse that sings it too. Can't decide what's worse. That or "Head Shoulders Kness and Toes." She is like a tape recorder stuck.

My 11-y-o daughter's class are starting to learn one particular song in Music Class.

All last week she has been singing it in the mornings as we walk to school but it didn't sound like it was making much sense so I had to google it to hear what it SHOULD sound like.

It's a nice song but can I get it out of my head?...

The song was written by the Fleet Foxes (and I've just ordered the album which isn't going to help the 'brain-worm' aspect!) but the version being learned - primarilty because of the harmonies - is this one;

Pip.

I get them all the time. The worst one is when I'm on my bicycle and Miss Gulch's them from the Wizard of Oz pops up.

Now that's funny right there...

Today it was Queen..Tie Your Mother Down. Not sure why, practicing it for a gig coming up....in a half a year.

Archived