Gibson Brands Forums

I Love Guitars

zombywoof

I've been playing my J29 and Hummingbird since 6:30am. Stopped about 10 minutes ago to check in here. It's now 10:20am and my wife wants me to go Christmas shopping with her. I've still got guitars that haven't been played yet today. Decisions! Decisions!..........If you have to have an addiction, this is the one you want.

I've been playing my J29 and Hummingbird since 6:30am. Stopped about 10 minutes ago to check in here. It's now 10:20am and my wife wants me to go Christmas shopping with her. I've still got guitars that haven't been played yet today. Decisions! Decisions!..........If you have to have an addiction, this is the one you want.

absolutely, 100%, agree!

Love guitars!

I was watching a stupid TV show by mistake with lots of weird (stupid) stuff and carry on and just before I turned it off, I thought how they probably wouldn't be bothered doing all that if they had learned an instrument! Too busy!

But this morning I was playing a wonderful guitar, with wonderful strings just run in enough, with a wonderful setup recently so it is wonderful to play...and did I tell you it sounds wonderful?

Years back, and for years, I played a horrid guitar with horrid strings and a horrid setup with the nut about an inch off the fretboard, a bow in the neck like a REAL bow and arrow type bow, and a horrid sound, but the weird thing is - I still loved it. :rolleyes:

There you go - I am sure there will be some windy answers coming.... :unsure:

BluesKing777.

Does anyone have a great gulf between the plove of guitars, and ability to play?

Yeah, sometimes I feel that gulf is wider and deeper than the ocean, but my guitars are stuck with me and that's the way it is. [thumbup] .....Seriously, I think the quality of my guitars makes me want to play more. I don't know if "I" can make me play better, but the guitars definitely make me want to play more.

They'll never get it, but my guitars deserve this kind of talent.

Does anyone have a great gulf between the plove of guitars, and ability to play?

For me, the relationship is inversely proportional. And I really really love guitars.

What I need is not a pickup that can model different microphones (sorry BK777) but one that can model different guitar players. I hate it when I sound like me.

For me, the relationship is inversely proportional. And I really really love guitars.

What I need is not a pickup that can model different microphones (sorry BK777) but one that can model different guitar players. I hate it when I sound like me.

haha...Mental MountainMan you are on fire lately (green fire)

Yea I want one of those BK777 aura guitar player pickups that make me play blues like my antipodean colleague.

I have some of the best guitars that a reasonable amount of money can buy, but I can't do much more than strum simple chords, I often say that it is kind of like owning a Ferrari, but without a driver's license...

Lars

Guess it can be a lifelong addiction. I can attest to it. I love to play them, even though at this time in my life game the fingers don't seem as agile as they once were. As far as "THREE CHORDS" are concerned, as I've said many times before, "most of us were conceived during a three chord song"!.

Yes a life long addiction , but what a nice one to have , started at the age of five and fifty three years on , no cure . Would I change a thing , no I love the guitar and playing to bits . Now I play in the church most Sunday's and I can thank God for giving me this gift . One point isn't it strange that as you get older you find yourself playing types of guitars and types of music that you would never have dreamed of when you were younger . My electrics now sit with the distortion and overdrive pedals whilst the J45 , the thumbpick and the capo get all the attention . rolleyes.gif

Archived