Gibson Brands Forums

Picked up this 2015 J200 Gibby Vine Quilt geetar

duane v

I purchased myself two Christmas gifts this holiday season, but I'll just talk about this lady...... The price it was offered at I just couldn't resist... She will be arriving tomorrow... Then Saturday she's getting an LR Braggs Anthem set-up installed

115064E-557x800_zpsvfj8q9ge.jpg

115064_zpsq4xy35ha.jpg

Awesome back. What a beauty all around! [wub] Congrats on her, Duane, she's an exceptional piece of art. [love]

I'm curious how the flat-sawn maple timbers contribute to tone. I never held a quilted flattop guitar in my hands. My guess would be the quilted wood structure gives her a very even response across the whole range.

Awesome back. What a beauty all around! [wub] Congrats on her, Duane, she's an exceptional piece of art. [love]

I'm curious how the flat-sawn maple timbers contribute to tone. I never held a quilted flattop guitar in my hands. My guess would be the quilted wood structure gives her a very even response across the whole range.

It sounds a lot better than my 1997 Gibson J-185 EC 30.... I'm actually impressed how dark and subtle it sounds considering all the maple....Usually with this much maple it can be bright

Archived