Gibson Brands Forums

Holiday Lights

saturn

Do you guys decorate for the holidays? Let's see em'

My street doesn't go all out, but there are some houses in the neighborhood that get pretty elaborate. Last night, the wife and I drove in to the Hampden neighborhood of Baltimore to see the what's become known as The Miracle On 34th Street. In typical B'more fashion, it's gaudy and cheesey. Actually it didn't seem as big this year as it usually is. (Maybe residents were worried about the city going crazy again)

34th%20Street%2018_zpsqb1ajr7d.jpg

34th%20Street%208_zpskosy0kkr.jpg

34th%20Street%2010_zpsupm7emkz.jpg

34th%20Street%201_zps1gtysvyn.jpg

Then there's my house. [blush]

IMG_0938_zpstmc2hgfx.jpg

Last night, the wife and I drove in to the Hampden neighborhood of Baltimore to see the what's become known as The Miracle On 34th Street. In typical B'more fashion, it's gaudy and cheesey. Actually it didn't seem as big this year as it usually is. (Maybe residents were worried about the city going crazy again)

We spent Thanksgiving in Charm City, kind of a tradition for us, American Visionary Artist Museum has an event that weekend so we go down and stay at the Harbor and have dinner and stuff. Prolly our last time, at least for a while. It's...different. It's been up, way up, a humming harbor and just a great time. And down, quiet, stores closing and stuff. We also come down for the American Craft show and stay on the harbor, February. Same thing, probably our last one last year. It's definitely different, not in a good way.

34th looks cool and cheezy, painted screen doors and all! Your house looks great!

rct

I want to wish everyone a great time during this festive season. =D>

But there are a few people I know who, at this time of year are reminded most of those who are no longer there to share it. I suppose I'm one of them now. We are not miserable nor suffering, but just would rather not be 'jollied along'.

Peace to one and all. [thumbup]

But there are a few people I know who, at this time of year are reminded most of those who are no longer there to share it....

I'm one of that group, merciful, and I can assure you I fully understand.

My own take is to give generous thanks to the memory of those who have gone and to bestow the very best on those who remain. After all; that's our very own futures we are witnessing.

Give love and good cheer whilst you still have the chance. This ain't no dress rehearsal.

Pip.

Dammitt Dig, just had a vision of you standing on the front porch clutching a shottie at Halloween! [scared][laugh]

Yeah Scalesie,

I'm about as big on halloween as I am on Christmas.!!

i don't do religion I'm afraid, but good on those that do.

Sorry grumpy today~

Religion??

and for all these years I thought Christmas was a celebration of the birth of Lemmy! [scared]

(... and happy 70th on the day Lem! [thumbup] )

Never knew that haha. I've been listening to Hawkwind a lot lately and Lemmy's bass is so good. His riffs just keep the whole thing together. Take out his bass and you have mostly random space noises and drums. Lemmy would be the best bassist to jam with ever

What were we talking about?

What? You mean to tell me Rob that you don't believe in Santa Clause? Or the Boogy man? Ha ha, msp_flapper.gif

Well I guess I don't either, but If, the Boogy Man ever does come breaking in our home, I have a great big surprise for him! msp_scared.gif And I don't think he will like it either.rolleyes.gif You see, we don't have to lock ours up in safes, with ammo stored separately. They can be in every room of the house hidden where we are the only ones that know.

Yeah Scalesie,

I'm about as big on halloween as I am on Christmas.!!

i don't do religion I'm afraid, but good on those that do.

Sorry grumpy today~

That's OK Digger. I'm not religious either and really don't get all into the "spirit" of the holiday too much. I was just starting a light (get it light) hearted topic. :)

Good on you Jay, your house looks great!

My wife and I are apart this year. I'll see her late next week and I'm looking forward to it.

Happy holidays and here's to a light hearted holiday season, no matter what your, or not your, celebratory habits! [thumbup]

That's OK Digger. I'm not religious either and really don't get all into the "spirit" of the holiday too much. I was just starting a light (get it light) hearted topic. :)

Ah....now I see! (light of recognition switches on over head!)

I'm one of that group, merciful, and I can assure you I fully understand.

My own take is to give generous thanks to the memory of those who have gone and to bestow the very best on those who remain. After all; that's our very own futures we are witnessing.

Give love and good cheer whilst you still have the chance. This ain't no dress rehearsal.

Pip.

Good attitude Pip. Only 4 days left until Yuletide! (winter solstice 22-12-15 04.38 am GMT) Cheers

I too wish everyone a merry christmas but it is not my favorite time of year either. I too have not a lot of use for religion but what bothers me even more is the fact that it has gotten so commercial, I think it is pretty disgusting...plus it is also a sad time of year for me as well due to three losses of family so every year I keep telling my wife I am going to a beach somewhere for a week...one of these days.

Archived