Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

1462224204[/url]' post='1766079']

What's wrong with Deb Butch? Gael is awful crook too, just a bad cold but it goes to her throat and every time she tries to sleep she starts coughing. No sleep for days now, poor thing!

I wish them both a quick recovery!

Food? I haven't been eating much in the last 10 days or so and have lost 7 or 8 kilos. I've just been having light meals or fruit and I haven't had a drink in almost 2 weeks now.

I'm seeing this as an opportunity to reduce my stomach and maybe change the way I've been eating. See how we go?

Yesterday I was consumed reading through the "Is this a authentic Gibson thread" she thought I was spending too much time here so I got off early. Lol, that's a battle they have on that thread. I think Deb started off with allergies, pollen is bad here. Coughing a lot, Clean X's galore. She got so bad she is really hourse I guess they call it. Can't hardly talk and hard to understand her. Now she has a sore thought and can't swallow anything so we're not doing dinner tonight. I had a big lunch anyway at the Golden Corral which has about anything you want to eat buffet. I had a small bowl of chili, a orange oriental chicken with onion and green peppers, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, tacos, and other stuff with a desert. So I was stuffed and didn't want to eat tonight if she couldn't. Really feel bad for her and she's going sewing at Bernina tomorrow with gals. She is going to have to have soup for awhile. I'm going out to eat lunch tomorrow with a couple of friends I worked with at the BNSF railroad that retired way after me so we can catch up on Ol' times. Yeah I hope they both get better quickly, Deb and Gale, sounds they both have the same thing. Deb prefers to sleep on the downstairs couch so she can prop her head up. She coughs a lot at night and gets no sleep.

1462327096[/url]' post='1766478']

Peanut butter sandwich. Nobody makes one better than me.

And what do you do that is so speacial if I may ask? I admit, I don't put the peanut butter on too thick but I love the Smuglers strawberry jelly on thick. Some like butter with the peanut butter on heavy like my wife, but she barely skims the jelly. She never eats the outside crust either. Never has since she was a little girl. That's why when she eats one, our Doberman follows her wherever she goes. He loves whatever she feeds him!

For my lunch today.

INCHON SALAD

(or in Korean, 인천 상륙 작전 샐러드)

1/4 lb ham, cubed small

1/4 lb cheddar cheese, also cubed small

1 large kosher dill pickle, chopped

1/2 cup Korean kimchee, chopped fine

1 tsp black pepper

1/4 cup ranch dressing

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, stir well, cover, and refrigerate for at least two hours.

Serve as is, or on the side of grilled meats and white sticky rice.

Serves three adults or seven super-models.

1462424913[/url]' post='1766846']

Strawberry jam and peanut butter....together....shudder~

Shudder? That sounds good. Not a diet I'd want to be on everyday but when we're on vacation, a road side stop and peanut butter and strawberries sandwich hits the spot, with chips and a soda or water.

1462478673[/url]' post='1766973']

Sliced tomatoes,cucumbers,corn on the cobb,hamburgers.

That sounds good too. My mom used to make cucumber slices and soak them overnight in vinegar and pepper with a little salt too I think. Today was spaghetti Works. The wife had a coupon to get a free meal for her Birthday. Turns 60 May 11 and it was great! Actually it really was, in spight of having to use the restroom three times right afterwards. Lol yeah, something gave me a real bad stomach ache. So went home and to bed for a bit.

Had a Hot Pocket for lunch , first one in years . Still taste the same.

4H

"Hot Pockets" is false advertising. If they were being honest, they would be called "Hot enough on the ends to burn off your tongue while still frozen solid in the middle pockets".

We were in town at lunchtime yesterday (Friday) so we dropped into the RSL for a quick lunch. They have Asian selections there for about $12.50 and I had curried prawns, veggies & rice.

It was bloody beautiful!

Fingerfood at the art show opening last night.

Turkey club sandwich for lunch with ice tea and a sub turkey sandwich for dinner with root beer. We tore the kitchen apart today so now we have no stove or oven, no microwave and no dishwasher. The sink will come out next to get ready for the new countertop when it comes in. The wife tells me we will be doing Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches for awhile here. Lol

Ham and eggs over-easy

Fried nice and lean, so it's not so greasy

Hot coffee with sweet creamer and brandy

Standing tall now, must've woke up randy

No bread or toast 'cause I'm trying to stay slim

Packing up my gear, about to go for a swim

Hope your Saturday is full of fun and guitar play

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

:)

Home made Thai Yellow Curry (beef) with potatoes and onions and three birds eye chilis, boiled rice and two mini nan breads.. YUM

And the best part is that I get leftovers and it will taste even nicer tomorrow :D

DSC_1819_zpsujtckvlf.jpg

Hot stuff!

Today an old friend visited for -

lunch: shallot broth, home-made bread, beer

dinner: salami sandwich on more bread, prawns & jdgm salad with olives. Plenty salad left for tomorrow.

Plus cups of tea, reminiscences, found some old slides from 25? yrs ago when we all had hair....