Gibson Brands Forums

My new J45

songman

Hello all,

New to the forum.

I just bought a brand-new 2016 J45 Standard Vintage Sunburst. I tested it, in the same shop against another J45 from 2015 and a J45 True Vintage also from 2014-15. My guitar blows both of them away. It is such a wonderful instrument. It is also the cheapest of my dreads (Larrivee D10 and Martin HD28V) but I have a feeling it is going to be my favourite. It has wonderful balance, just the right amount of profound bass, clear note separation, great finish and excellent setup, I have nothing but superlatives for this guitar! [thumbup]

Congrats! J-45s are uniquely wonderful instruments. I've only had mine for a month and I continue to be amazed by its playability and clear, rich tone. Be warned, though...these Gibsons are addicting. Love the 45 so much I traded in my Taylor this week for a Songwriter Deluxe Studio. [thumbup]

So it's not just hearsay... the photos make it official, and it looks great.

Photo 1 does show quite a bit of corduroy in that new finish, though. The guitar may've seen some dry times getting to you. Make sure that workhorse gets to the watering trough soon enough.

Congrats & welcome.

So it's not just hearsay... the photos make it official, and it looks great.

Photo 1 does show quite a bit of corduroy in that new finish, though. The guitar may've seen some dry times getting to you. Make sure that workhorse gets to the watering trough soon enough.

Congrats & welcome.

Thanks, yes I noticed it too, but only in the photo, it isn't really all that noticeable in real. In my music room I however immediately turned on the humidifier and also when not playing I inserted the Oasis humidifier in the sound hole. Actually my Larrivee has it a bit too. In the winter I really have to watch things because it can get dry (30% relative humidity). Having said all this, I do find that my guitars sound best when a touch on the dry side, say 38-42% relative humidity. Can anyone relate to that?

Cheers, Bob

PS Once again to all, thanks so much for the warm welcome!!

Hi and welcome inside the rosette - 45's are terrific guitars and your Standard will be a superb counterpoint to the HD-28V.

Send a sonic postcard and keep us updated. Every detail will be taken in here. Pin-philosophy, nut-thoughts, string choice, exchanged tr-cover even new picks and oils. .

enJOY

Ouh, , , how d'you like the case-plush smell. . ?

[thumbup]

Hi and welcome inside the rosette - 45's are terrific guitars and your Standard will be a superb counterpoint to the HD-28V.

Send a sonic postcard and keep us updated. Every detail will be taken in here. Pin-philosophy, nut-thoughts, string choice, exchanged tr-cover even new picks and oils. .

enJOY

Ouh, , , how d'you like the case-plush smell. . ?

[thumbup]

Sweet, reminds me somewhat of the smell inside my Martin's when they were new. [thumbup]

Archived