Gibson Brands Forums

NGD!

Mr. C.O. Jones

After seeing this:

I decided that I needed one of them, loved the white one.

So I ended on the page but before pulling the trigger I thought that it woudn't hurt to browse and see what else was going on.

And then, BANG!! I saw her.

Almost the same from the look's, and way more friendly budget wise. Well, actually I like this ones look's even better, and no belly-cut is another plus.

After my MIM Strat purchase, I thought I really should first try one of these. If it would have been a brick I just could have sent it back in exchange for an american one paying the difference.

For what they cost I could buy the same case all the electronics & pickups a strap and still save cash anyway.

Well it will stay, it arrived last wednesday and until yesterday I didn't pickup any of the others.

IMG_20161217_114126_zpss0gzgmgh.jpg

IMG_20161217_114208_zpsxfpntnzx.jpg

IMG_20161217_114335_zpsvyyiagtu.jpg

IMG_20161217_114532_zps2iuri9nq.jpg

Played pretty good out of the box. I love the feel of the neck.

Tonally pretty decent sounding, everything as expected.

The stock pickups are nice, but pretty hot.

So in this case I may go to the local fender dealer and A/B her against some US Tele's.

After that video I'm specially interested in those Pure Vintage 58's, I hope to find one that fit's these so I can compare them.

Or maybe I get some other ideas. Normally I prefere lower output PU's, and add the dirt via amp and pedals.

I definitely did the right thing, that beast is awesome and will age with me.

OOOHHH!!!

V. Nice Indeed! Me Likey!!!

21 frets so it's a 'proper' Fender...

I even like the very slight blue cast in the snaps.

But why does it make me think of Liberace doing a duet with Dolly Parton....?......

Pip.

Stunningly beautiful Tele! Congrats!!! Every player needs at the very least one Telecaster in their stable. [thumbup]

I have 5 but I'm quite insane [drool]

ENJOY! :)

hey wait.......I've got #5 on the way..............is the straight jacket next? lol.

Great guitar, love the matching headstock thing they did on those!!!!

NHTom

OOOHHH!!!

V. Nice Indeed! Me Likey!!!

21 frets so it's a 'proper' Fender...

I even like the very slight blue cast in the snaps.

But why does it make me think of Liberace doing a duet with Dolly Parton....?......

Pip.

It's funny that you pointed it out.

I didn't see coming.

I exected it to be more....

well, white I guess.

But it has that light blue-ish touch under natural light.

Sometimes even grey-ish, I love it.

It was a nice surprise.

About that duet thing....

it will stay in Vegas!

[blush] Sorry, I'm late to the party but still confused [blink]

Well, first congrats on your pretty Tele, Mr. C. O. Jones, HNGD to you! [love][thumbup]

Now to my confusion. Did they make them in Mexico, too, Limited Edition as well, matching headstock, six adjustable saddles, with a maple fretboard instead of rosewood, 21 frets only and without a belly scarf as typical? This is crazy!

The American Limited bodies are ash - what is yours?

Nothing wrong with MIM Fenders to my experience. Most of mine are - that's where the Floyd Rose Stratocasters are and the last Nashville Power Telecasters were made.

To my guess the pickups of yours could be TexMex models, There'e nothing wrong with them, and the Tele bridge pickups always were quite hot, at least compared to Strat pickups. That's how a Tele is meant to be! [thumbup][biggrin]

[blush] Sorry, I'm late to the party but still confused [blink]

Well, first congrats on your pretty Tele, Mr. C. O. Jones, HNGD to you! [love][thumbup]

Now to my confusion. Did they make them in Mexico, too, Limited Edition as well, matching headstock, six adjustable saddles, with a maple fretboard instead of rosewood, 21 frets only and without a belly scarf as typical? This is crazy!

The American Limited bodies are ash - what is yours?

Nothing wrong with MIM Fenders to my experience. Most of mine are - that's where the Floyd Rose Stratocasters are and the last Nashville Power Telecasters were made.

To my guess the pickups of yours could be TexMex models, There'e nothing wrong with them, and the Tele bridge pickups always were quite hot, at least compared to Strat pickups. That's how a Tele is meant to be! [thumbup][biggrin]

Danke Meister!

It's confusing, I only can agree with that.

But in reality two completely indipendent and different editions.

The American Limited Edition as far I know are only Tele's, opposed to the Mexican Special Edition wich inlude other models.

I may start another topic dedicated to them.

I'll just copy and paste the specs from Anderton's so you can see all the differences.

American:

Body

Body Shape: Telecaster

Body Material: Ash

Body Finish: Urethane

Neck

Neck Material: Maple

Neck Shape: Modern "C"

Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)

Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)

Number of Frets: 22

Fret Size: Medium Jumbo

String Nut: Synthetic Bone

Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)

Neck Plate: 4-Bolt with Micro-Tilt Adjustment

Neck Finish: Satin Finish on Back, Gloss Finish on Front

Fingerboard: Maple

Electronics

Bridge Pickup: American Vintage 58

Neck Pickup: American Vintage 58

Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone

Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup Pickup Configuration: SS

Special Electronics: No-Load Tone Control

Hardware

Bridge: 6-Saddle American Standard Strings-Through-Body Tele with Bent Steel Saddles and Stamped Brass Plate

Tuning Machines: Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed

Orientation: Right-Hand

Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment

Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top

Miscellaneous

Strings: Fender USA 250L, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)

Unique Features: Five-Screw Mounted Brass Bridge Plate for Sonic Stability, Loaded with Improved Bent Steel Saddles with Elongated String Slots, for Increased Resonance and Sustain, Thinner Undercoat Finish for Improved Body Resonance, Tinted Neck, Body Contour

Included Accessories: Hardshell Case

Mexican:

Body

• Body: Alder
  • Body Finish: Polyester

Neck

• Neck Shape: Modern "C" Shape
  • Number of Frets: 21
  • Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
  • Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (24.1 cm)
  • Fretboard: Maple
  • Neck Material: Maple
  • Neck Finish: Tinted Satin Urethane
  • Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
  • Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
  • Truss Rod Nut: 3/16" Adjustable Hex Nut

Electronics

• Pickup Configuration: S/S
  • Bridge Pickup: Standard Single Coil Tele Bridge
  • Pickup Neck Pickup: Standard Single Coil Tele Neck Pickup
  • Pickup Switching 3-Position Blade
  • Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups Position 3. Neck Pickup
  • Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone

Hardware

• Hardware: Chrome
  • Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Thru-Body Tele Bridge
  • Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
  • String Nut: Synthetic Bone
  • Switch Tip: "Barrel" Style Switch Tip

And may I add, not even a lousy dustcover more commonly known as gigbag, not that I needed one but still.

To the pickups, it's true that they sound good. But I have this gutfeeling that this beast could sound way better with a few tweaks.

Another thing is that my Strat has the same type of pup's, and I know that my ear likes it more the less output this things have.

I have to take a really close lookat the CS 51 Nocaster pickups, they look promising, that and a pair of Emerson Pro pots and an Orange Drop could turn that thing into a tonemonster.

Danke Meister!

Bitte sehr, gern geschehen. Es kommt von Herzen! [smile]

And may I add, not even a lousy dustcover more commonly known as gigbag, not that I needed one but still.

The molded cases on a budget like those the American Limited Editions come with are quite fine. I have one of them each for every Tele of mine that came without.

Darn it!

That copy and paste didn't work as expected!eusa_doh.gif

Looks better now! [thumbup] Did you edit the American model's specs list?

Yup only the american.

And the case will be next, but didn't decide yet if a normal or molded plastic one.

Somehow I not really scared that this thing could be damaged. Feels rock-solid!

I have molded ones for the Teles but US-made G&G cases for my MIM FR Strats. They were about twice the price and are more than twice the weight, but I wanted a lid over the accessories compartment. Otherwise the vibrato arms would stray inside the cases when moved and damage my Strats. I tested the molded cases for that - the whammy bar falls out of the accessories receptacle right down to the guitar when the case is lifted at the handle. :unsure:

No problems at all with spare string sets, string cutter, string winder, an old string package containing hex keys, and for my Nashville Power Teles a spare 9 volts battery - all that stuff safely stays where it should! [biggrin][thumbup]

Archived