Gibson Brands Forums

TV theme song

Izzy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 dozen posts by guitar players before someone mentioned the rockford files? for shame!

well, how about a piece of tv music (not a theme song) that has blazin guitar but no distortion at all?

https://youtu.be/9n7dtAosWqM

if any of you can play this fast, i wanna see video proof

Although I like a challenge the fast part in this was clearly recorded at half speed and played back at double speed. That's why it's an octave higher

Although I like a challenge the fast part in this was clearly recorded at half speed and played back at double speed. That's why it's an octave higher

I'd love to see the sheet music for that one. It's pretty high up there, that's for sure. Playing that fast is possible but not that high up. I don't have a 30 fret guitar. [scared]

The theme to "The Munsters" is another one. It's not as easy to play as it might sound. Crazy scales and fingering...

The theme to "The Munsters" is another one. It's not as easy to play as it might sound. Crazy scales and fingering...

My former guitar teacher used to play this, including the bass part. I have the music of the transcription he used. It was fun to watch him play it.

ive done a little reading on that very thing. i am not educated enough to say one way or the other. but there are some people who are not convinced that is the case

ive done a little reading on that very thing. i am not educated enough to say one way or the other. but there are some people who are not convinced that is the case

Some people aren't good critical thinkers lol

There's no question about it

We did this a while back. I remember us posting our favorite tv sitcom songs.

Today I was watching Roseanne and the intro song from the first season started and WOW...a lady could do a striptease to that song [woot]

It is really good. And we already know the theme to The Jeffersons is epic!

post your pick! here's mine:

Oddly enough and due to the power of Youtube suggestions I just came across this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDMhiFGls48

Most of you would rate my choice as a film/movie and not exactly a TV theme. Anyway, it was used as such for a weekly political TV magazine by a public-law TV network here in Germany for decades. Moreover, it contributed well to my decision to buy a wah-wah pedal soon after starting to play the guitar.

Different edits were used, depending on lengths of previews respectively end credits. The vocal part never appeared.

Actually needless to say, this one is a legend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFvRvSxsW-I

Cheers:

rct

I'm surprised at myself that I forgot to post that one. My favourite TV show of all time. I've never actually seen the other two you posted, but maybe that's because I'm English. We only had Cheers over here before the days of Sky and the internet etc.

I'm surprised at myself that I forgot to post that one. My favourite TV show of all time. I've never actually seen the other two you posted, but maybe that's because I'm English. We only had Cheers over here before the days of Sky and the internet etc.

They have tvs in the country of London?

rct

Archived