Gibson Brands Forums

Our wives are onto us!

saturn

My wife works with another lady who's husband also plays music. They were talking and both commented that whenever they see tiny Tootsy Rolls, Mary Janes, mints etc. that they know we got a delivery from Sweetwater.

So if you want to keep your purchase secret, then make sure you dispose of the candy! :-$ eusa_whistle.gif

No way! No secrets here. She looks forward to anything like that just as much as I do!

rct

I agree, My wife loves it when she gets her candy from there as 90% goes to her...She will even ask me if I went if she has not got her candy yet. I go up there about once a week and grab a few pieces that they have sitting out. I alway sort throught to get a few that she really likes.

I'm single and my brother lives with me now. We're 58/60 and he loves guitar as much as me. As I've said before, he works on stages. He's just built the Parklife festival. But gets some great stuff. We've been talking about a whole set of 'The Wall' guitar picks from the last tour. Some great Rolling Stones stuff. So you can imagine what my house is like. So. If we want it, we have it. I'll post some pics of his 'freebies'.

Larry, one of my good friends, and a co-workder from some years ago also is a very good guitarist. I've been to his house many times for Saturday afternoon jams with some of his friends that play and band mates. He has a pretty nice finished off basement where we'd normally jam.

He and his wife divorced after some 20+ years of marriage. (sad story but it happens)... he bought her out of the house.

The first time I went to his house to jam after the divorce was all said and done was crazy, his living room had transformed into one of the coolest "music" rooms I've ever seen... Hung all his guitars on the walls, brought his amps up, and put a drum set off in a corner, had the sound system strategically placed where the wasn't a place in the room where you couldn't hear vocals. (his name also Larry)... my first words upon entering were "Larry my boy, I love what you've done with the place!!!" he says "ya man, me too! LETS JAM!!" and we did. LOL! just wanted to share the story.. you post reminded me of this.

No way! No secrets here. She looks forward to anything like that just as much as I do!

rct

Almost the same here. We have a household account and then each of us has our own account. She knows when I get stuff - I just hope if I die first she sells them for what they're worth and not what I told her I paid for them! rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

So you're out of control. That can be a good thing as well as bad...

Been though that stage... While I was working and had good income, at one point I had three Gibsons on various stages of credit loans... Then I got made redundant :o And at one point I think I had 9 Gibsons.. Now down to four and that's how its staying until the day comes when I can afford a CS 336 :)

I still love perving over guitars but that's all it is.. Im happy with what I have.

Been though that stage... While I was working and had good income, at one point I had three Gibsons on various stages of credit loans... Then I got made redundant :o And at one point I think I had 9 Gibsons.. Now down to four and that's how its staying until the day comes when I can afford a CS 336 :)

I still love perving over guitars but that's all it is.. Im happy with what I have.

9 Gibbys!!! You needed a wife at that stage. msp_lol.gif

9 Gibbys!!! You needed a wife at that stage. msp_lol.gif

Lol... More like they were wife replacements.. I was married once, she had already gone before my GAS set in...

Actually the ex was ok with my guitars.... If anything she just moaned that I didn't play them enough [rolleyes]

Ha!!!!! I have a package arriving today from Sweetwater, need to hind the candy!!

(Rocktron Banshee Talkbox)

Cool! Let me know how you like it, I've always wanted a talkbox

My girlfriend will probably roll her eyes a bit when my next guitar comes in because I leave them all out. She'll think it's cool though, and after a little serenade she'll love it [smile]

I agree, My wife loves it when she gets her candy from there as 90% goes to her...She will even ask me if I went if she has not got her candy yet. I go up there about once a week and grab a few pieces that they have sitting out. I alway sort throught to get a few that she really likes.

I plan to make a trip to Sweetwater in the near future just to see where so much of my money goes. It will be a road trip so my wife will be with me. And since she is a sugar freak (I rarely, if ever, eat candy), that should keep her amused while I drool over the guitars and basses. [biggrin]

.....Hung all his guitars on the walls, brought his amps up, and put a drum set off in a corner, had the sound system strategically placed where the wasn't a place in the room where you couldn't hear vocals. (his name also Larry)... my first words upon entering were "Larry my boy, I love what you've done with the place!!!" he says "ya man, me too! LETS JAM!!" and we did. LOL! just wanted to share the story.. you post reminded me of this.

IMG_20170609_074310_zpskm3uogxw.jpg

(Forgive the junk)..Like this? I won't hang the good ones on the wall as it gets heavy sun.

Archived