Gibson Brands Forums

Powder, Two Guitars and a Trailer

duluthdan

Drive safely, Dan.  This kind of trip is truly a necessary part of life's journey.  Enjoy it, old friend and then tell us about it in a song.  The Muse may join you during the trip or after you get back home.  Either way, you're living life and that's what the good songs are about.

I never leave Colorado in summer without a very good reason. This would fit the bill nicely, have a blast.

Consider Greg Brown's Eugene for a listen, it just might turn into a regular on your trip's soundtrack.

Cheers Dan

Edited by Mr. Paul

That's great thing to do Dan.  I wish you happy adventures ahead...please be sure and take pics wherever you stop to show us home bound types.   Where do you pull it up to at night, a camper grounds or just anywhere?

Powder sure  looks like a good boy.  He doesn't even try to run or wander off on his own & stays right by your side?  Is he a purebred retriever?   My last dog would have run into the nearest whatever when I turned my head, I had to be on my toes, but my dog growing up didn't need a leash, he stayed right with me.

Although the rig is self contained we are staying on the grid this trip. Convenience has its place.  Powder is a well behaved 90 pound female English Cream Retriever and very attached to me.   Near Philadelphia tonight. You people that live in these big cities and drive these nuts o roads with all this traffic, I applaud you for living in spite of all this insanity.   Makes me appreciate my elbow room in Colorado all that much more.  Smile Fierce !!!

58 minutes ago, duluthdan said:

Mama didn’t raise no fool !

to borrow from  Billy Joe Shaver

I've been to Georgia on a fast train honey
I wudn't born no yestday
Got a good Christian raisin' and an eighth grade education
Ain't no need in y'all a treatin' me this way

Duluth Dan 

Duluth Dan got up one day

said Fck this town I’m going away.

A Daily grind that never did change, 

he traded in for a mountain range.

Packed his dog and a guitar or two, 

His little cash would have to do.

They say some times just gotta be rough,

But twenty years was more n enough....

Oh well. Needs work.  But man was it great to see my friend Dan, who had in tow very special guitars: a J35 Custom Vintage, and a Martin 1937 D28 Authentic. All the guitars anyone would ever need or want or aspire to.

I also got to meet his high school buddy Joe... monster National skills.  Monster.  I have a feeling that Joe and I, who lives not far from me, will meet up and pick again.

And Powder? Well.... Whose a good boyyyyy....

ld938WDl.jpg?1

invqVWfl.jpg

TsZH5val.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ThemisSal said:

Duluth Dan 

Duluth Dan got up one day

said Fck this town I’m going away.

A Daily grind that never did change, 

he traded in for a mountain range.

Packed his dog and a guitar or two, 

His little cash would have to do.

They say some times just gotta be rough,

But twenty years was more n enough....

Oh well. Needs work.  But man was it great to see my friend Dan, who had in tow very special guitars: a J35 Custom Vintage, and a Martin 1937 D28 Authentic. All the guitars anyone would ever need or want or aspire to.

I also got to meet his high school buddy Joe... monster National skills.  Monster.  I have a feeling that Joe and I, who lives not far from me, will meet up and pick again.

And Powder? Well.... Whose a good boyyyyy....

ld938WDl.jpg?1

invqVWfl.jpg

TsZH5val.jpg

So glad y’all got to hang!

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, ThemisSal said:

You missed it man...

we learned and recorded the whole 1st side to the Double Aught album

Yeah- I hear the acoustic guitars and resonator take the Double Aught album in an entirely different direction.

5 minutes ago, blindboygrunt said:

Now theres an afternoon I'd like to have been a part of 

We all missed it. 

Fine photos of y'all, but Powder steals every shot Powder is in.

What an outstanding afternoon spent smudging up JTs guitar collection, including his “Minty” Banner SJ, the best guitar I have ever played. Ever.  Powder laid at our feet and was laid groggy by all the music being traded back and forth.  In case anyone is curious about the birth of this song - here it was, bathrobe and all.