Gibson Brands Forums

ebow

LPguitarman

I wanted one for years and finally got one off ebay.

Just could not use it successfully, even with the mini-CD guide included.  I could not get the device to respond like on the CD with the fast sweeping.

I could see that if you work with it and get used to it, you could do stuff - hear some Phil Keaggy from the 80s and 90s - but it was too big and bulky for me.

So I sold mine on ebay and got a little more than I paid.  All in all though....:-k...it was worth checking it out. 

But as you are a Rush fan you  have NO alternative and you must buy one immediately, and back it up with a Boss feedbacker or a Sustainer pickup.

This mission needs to be completed before Xmas.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my EBow as a birthday gift from my daughter.  Used it for the first time last night.  Took some getting used to, but after a while I started getting the hang of it.  Now I just need to find some songs that use it.  Otherwise I'll just keep practicing to get better at the methods & techniques.  Switching strings quickly, doing a lead run, is going to take a lot of practice.

Thank you! It's about to, our plans were approved yesterday by the county! Now we just have to wait for the rains to stop. :-)

So does the ebow have the harmonic option and if so, what do you think about it? I thought it was very cool.

21 hours ago, Tman said:

Thank you! It's about to, our plans were approved yesterday by the county! Now we just have to wait for the rains to stop. :-)

So does the ebow have the harmonic option and if so, what do you think about it? I thought it was very cool.

Yes, it does, and I like it.  Gives that sustained, controlled feedback.  Very cool.  The standard setting is nice too.  Love using it with my Delay Pedal.