Gibson Brands Forums

Ricky Gervais

Sgt. Pepper

41 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You can think whatever you want, that is not a crime. Its when you act out and do something physical against someone's will that it becomes a problem.

And last I check words don't kill people. It may hurt and make you feel bad but nothing anyone has ever said to me ended my life.

Huh? Sorry...

19 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

Huh? Sorry...

Just commenting. Not directed toward you in any way. Now go listen to some Zappa.

Its okay to lust after the weather girl. There was a girl on the morning news were I live. She is easy on the eyes.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

We just need more Johnny Carsons is all...

That's the truth. Or even Jay Leno.  If you watch The Tonight Show now 'With Jimmy Fallon" -  you find 3/4 of the 'jokes' in his 'monologue'  are attacking Trump.  Old clips of Carson show how there is a wealth of comedic material out there that doesn't have to be political, let alone politically biased.  And - the jokes back then poked fun at things that today are off limits. PC has destroyed our ability to laugh at ourselves.   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

That's the truth. Or even Jay Leno.  If you watch The Tonight Show now 'With Jimmy Fallon" -  you find 3/4 of the 'jokes' in his 'monologue'  are attacking Trump.  Old clips of Carson show how there is a wealth of comedic material out there that doesn't have to be political, let alone politically biased.  And - the jokes back then poked fun at things that today are off limits. PC has destroyed our ability to laugh at ourselves.   

That is all these talk show hosts and comedians got. They can't  think of anything else to make fun of, but lets be honest I do not care one way or the other about him, he does make it easy for them. Jimmy is an unfunny tool who usually has terrible music guests.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Jimmy is an unfunny tool who usually has terrible music guests.

Ironically, Fallon is the only that I do find funny.  That being said, I still don't watch him ... or any of the others.  But if I did, I would watch him.  That sounds so stupid ... LOL.

3 minutes ago, IanHenry said:

Does anyone actually watch this kind of award show? I can't stand them, all those 'celebrities' patting each other on the back.

p.s please don't send Sharon Osborn back! 

She is an absolute __________. You fill in the blank.

15 hours ago, fortyearspickn said:

i miss Leno

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 10:11 AM, rct said:

I only watch the Music Awards shows.  All of them.  Guitars, amps, basses.  Bassii.  Big fat Hammonds and Leslies.   Broads.  B0ner.

rct

I know Taylor Swift is a devoted Hammond B3 and Leslie girl.

I never watch awards shows,  I did watch his monologue afterwards,  I thought it was brilliant to get in these overpaid pampered holier than thou know it alls who get to live with unbelievable privileges, riches beyond belief for doing nothing but pretending to be someone on stage or screen.  

I'm sick and tired of of these hollywierd brats lecturing us on values. Let's try going one year without any movies and at the same time no plumbers,  or truck drivers or cops, then see who really matters!

10 minutes ago, jaxson50 said:

I never watch awards shows,  I did watch his monologue afterwards,  I thought it was brilliant to get in these overpaid pampered holier than thou know it alls who get to live with unbelievable privileges, riches beyond belief for doing nothing but pretending to be someone on stage or screen.  

I'm sick and tired of of these hollywierd brats lecturing us on values. Let's try going one year without any movies and at the same time no plumbers,  or truck drivers or cops, then see who really matters!

Beautiful stated. But no one cares what these rich do or say as long as it doesn't interfere with a forum members ability to buy another J-45. That is when the pitchforks and burning stakes will come out.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Beautiful stated. But no one cares what these rich do or say as long as it doesn't interfere with a forum members ability to buy another J-45. That is when the pitchforks and burning stakes will come out.

Don't temp me, my wife is so happy that I haven't bought any guitars this year!