Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

Those crazy snakes, those things make me laugh.  I don't know why but these two boas have decided that they MUST take over two monitor lizard cages!

Another one is going berserk trying to get out of a cage, it's rubbing it's snout raw so I let it run around.  What does it do?  Goes on top of another cage and curls up.  What's the difference between one spot and the other?  Who knows.,  

Gibson's spokesperson, Slash, gave away his snakes, I  didn't know that.  Big snakes and babies are a really bad combination.  Guess having a python sock him in the face didn't help their cause, either:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/arid-30155467.html

I would have replaced them with smaller ones, Hognose snakes stay small and are really cool and wouldn't go after a baby (or your face).

Edited by SteveFord

Digging out Jasmine roots (in small frequent doses) using a mattock. I carted a heavy trailer load of Jasmine foliage and lifted it up onto a burn pile,  then went back with a tractor bucket and pushed it into the centre. My intention is to fill the centre of a circle of tree stumps with burnable things and light ‘er up! I hope to gradually burn a pile of tree stumps some bigger than my tractor. I'ts going to take a few goes I think.

The I moved a heap of machinery out of the way and mowed in front of the house. I’m getting really toey to have my farm shed built. 2 weeks  more weeks they are saying!

Did some more Jasmine root digging and now in  for a cuppa!

I’ll do some more after lunch and a quick nap....Grin~

Just met a bunch of policeman and some of the neighbors at the door - I stupidly left a garage door open and my Dumeril's boa wound up falling asleep under the neighbor's car!  Luckily, the neighbor called the cops, another neighbor knew I have reptiles and back home it is!

I'm going to name that thing Lucky Luciano, that's the second Great Escape for that one.  Breeding season comes early for that guy and I don't have a female for him.  

Here's the menace to society, back inside the garage where he belongs (even if he doesn't think so):

qorv9V3.jpg

Edited by SteveFord

1 hour ago, SteveFord said:

Just met a bunch of policeman and some of the neighbors at the door - I stupidly left a garage door open and my Dumeril's boa wound up falling asleep under the neighbor's car!  Luckily, the neighbor called the cops, another neighbor knew I have reptiles and back home it is!

I'm going to name that thing Lucky Luciano, that's the second Great Escape for that one.  Breeding season comes early for that guy and I don't have a female for him.  

Here's the menace to society, back inside the garage where he belongs (even if he doesn't think so):

qorv9V3.jpg

That's no Baby Snake.

I could tell cause it's not pink and wet.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

I agree, I'm really happy for her.  With Molly Dog dying and then she's got some sort of surgery coming up she needed a real boost.

The dealership called her up and said you've got 60,000 miles on your 2016 Crosstrek and you can trade it in on a 2021, no payment due until end of October.  Her payments went down and so did her insurance so good deal.  

Her comment was you got your amplifiers, I'm going to go get my car!  

I told her I'll show her all the guitars once I snag a Firebird VII.  Quite a few she's never seen.  No sense in asking for trouble although I do tell her she can sell them all after I croak.  She seems to like that idea.

That's something that makes me go Hmmmm....

On 9/11/2020 at 8:09 AM, SteveFord said:

qorv9V3.jpg

Looks like he may have eaten the neighbors Pet? Lol

10 hours ago, SteveFord said:

I agree, I'm really happy for her.  With Molly Dog dying and then she's got some sort of surgery coming up she needed a real boost.

The dealership called her up and said you've got 60,000 miles on your 2016 Crosstrek and you can trade it in on a 2021, no payment due until end of October.  Her payments went down and so did her insurance so good deal.  

Her comment was you got your amplifiers, I'm going to go get my car!  

I told her I'll show her all the guitars once I snag a Firebird VII.  Quite a few she's never seen.  No sense in asking for trouble although I do tell her she can sell them all after I croak.  She seems to like that idea.

That's something that makes me go Hmmmm....

Alright - your wife lets you get all those guitars and amps, which makes her the coolest wife ever...  but really, she let's you keep your snake and reptile farm going.  Now that's a whole new level!

Strange happenings this morning.  Maybe the snake pictures and talk were an omen........Snakes don’t bother me much and I love reading about the big constrictors.  Once got to hold a 12-13ft. Reticulated Python at a zoo and was very impressed by how strong it was for being a young juvenile.  Definitely wouldn’t want to be near the big ones.....Anyway, this morning I found a copperhead in our backyard.  3-3 1/2 ft long.  Acted pretty healthy and wasn’t threatening.  We haven’t seen these near our neighborhood for the last twenty years, since our home edition was totally developed.   Anyway, I gently picked him up and put him in a burlap bag and drove him out to Lake Jacomo ( about five miles away) and released him out in he woods.    It crawled away and that was it.  Got me a cup of coffee on the way home and been playing guitar for the last hour or so. .....Haven’t told my wife about the snake.  I guarantee you that she doesn’t want to know.....lol.

Edited by MissouriPicker
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, MissouriPicker said:

Strange happenings this morning.  Maybe the snake pictures and talk were an omen........Snakes don’t bother me much and I love reading about the big constrictors.  Once got to hold a 12-13ft. Reticulated Python at a zoo and was very impressed by how strong it was for being a young juvenile.  Definitely wouldn’t want to be near the big ones.....Anyway, this morning I found a copperhead in our backyard.  3-3 1/2 ft long.  Acted pretty healthy and wasn’t threatening.  We haven’t seen these near our neighborhood for the last twenty years, since our home edition was totally developed.   Anyway, I gently picked him up and put him in a burlap bag and drove him out to Lake Jacomo ( about five miles away) and released him out in he woods.    It crawled away and that was it.  Got me a cup of coffee on the way home and been playing guitar for the last hour or so. .....Haven’t told my wife about the snake.  I guarantee you that she doesn’t want to know.....lol.

just wow.  thats how i envision i would deal with it, but in reality - dont think it would have gone down like that.

1 hour ago, MissouriPicker said:

You got balls bro, I would of killed it.

My dad, living in the Phoenix area in the 30's, used to take part in rattlesnake roundups. The whole Maricopa county area was very rural at the time and it was open season on rattlesnakes. When they got to close to where people were living they were killed and tossed into a bag. They were so plentiful that a technique of picking them up by their tail, whipping them and popping there heads off was the most cost effective. A slightly safer technique was to hold their head down with a stick and cut it off with a knife. 

Edited by mihcmac

We used to catch copperheads when I was in the Cub and Boy Scouts.  They were never very aggressive and their poison is not among the really deadly snakes..  It was crawling away from me and it was easy to get him from behind.  I’m not much of a risk taker....lol.   I just wanted to get it out of the neighborhood and a few miles south of I70 seemed like a good place for him.  Rattlesnakes i won’t touch and I don’t care to swim in lakes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mihcmac said:

My dad, living in the Phoenix area in the 30's, used to take part in rattlesnake roundups. The whole Maricopa county area was very rural at the time and it was open season on rattlesnakes. When they got to close to where people were living they were killed and tossed into a bag. They were so plentiful that a technique of picking them up by their tail, whipping them and popping there heads off was the most cost effective. A slightly safer technique was to hold their head down with a stick and cut it off with a knife. 

They are definitely dangerous..

• Thanks 1

MissouriPicker,

Good for you!  When that one little Dumeril got loose I was afraid a neighbor would kill it if they found it.  

My snake news is that big female boa graduated to rabbits today.  I'm trying to give her plenty of reserves for breeding season.  She missed last year but the previous year (her first) she had something crazy like 32 babies.  I kept two just for the heck of it,  they're little mice eating machines. 

Once they start eating rabbits they grow like crazy.  Luckily, she has a great disposition: never bit, never hissed, just bombs around and hangs out.  

The wife likes my tortoises, is afraid of the snakes once they get above 3 feet and is terrified of monitor lizards.  She's not much of a cage cleaning assistant.

Rode into work today to drop off/pick up some more work and it is just so strange to see our beautiful (HA!) state capitol so empty of people.  I would say 95% of the govt workers are working from home.  It felt great to be out riding a motorcycle, I need to do that more often.

On a guitar related note (little pun, there), a Geteria wireless system showed up.  Thank you, guys, for making me come out of the Stone Age, it's pretty cool.  So far, so good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZJYDN4D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Compared to the Roland cord that was recommended here there IS a loss in fidelity on both ends of the spectrum.  However, for putzing around far away from an amp it'll be just fine.

Also have a snipe bid scheduled for a guitar which I need like a hole in the head but who knows.