Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

My HoneyTone sounds  good clean, the battery will run down quickly if you play it loud for very long.

The MS-2, you just crank-it and get kind of a Marshally overdrive sustained sound that doesn't break up too badly..

rnny8vo.jpg

I spent the afternoon playing these, I do prefer the Marshall, one of my friends did say it sounds so bad it almost sounds good.   🤯

Both amps are effected by their environment, sitting on a counter I'm not so crazy about them, but walking around outside reflecting off of structures, I think  the Marshall wins. 

There are battery amps like the Katana or Blackstar that have really decent sound for practicing, but they are larger and heavier not quite as much fun to carry around. If I'm playing outdoors where people can hear me I'll use my Roland Cubes..

Edited by mihcmac

12 hours ago, Big Bill said:

I'm from Detroit. Spent this vacation farther north in the Traverse City area.

Ok, I've been through there a few times. I think when this virus is over with, Deb & I are due for a trip. We haven't gone anywhere about 15 years now. 

I took our Doberman for a walk around the neighborhood, Deb & I did a bunch of running around dropping stuff off at places.  Then stopped off at the doctors to have them order my next pills. Just to stand inside to talk to a nurse, they have you answer a bunch of questions and take your temperature.  For their own protection though I guess. 

I've just been sea swimming.

My partner Cherry has been seriously missing her pool swims since the gyms closed. Since this began, this was my 2nd and her 4th sea swim.

Very pleasant. Everyone at Lee On Solent was social distancing properly. Everyone was enjoying the water. 

Dried off in the sun after. Very pleasant indeed. 

I miss working out at the gym also.  Lost everything I built.  Well, Today we went shopping on the net for groceries, Just have to pick them up tomorrow in the parking lot and they put them in the trunk for you.  Lowers our chances of picking up anything.   It's been so blasted hot here, hard to think about going out anyway. 

2 hours ago, Mariron said:

I'm taking an online management course today.

That sounds fun.

I set up surround sound in the bedroom.  Within You Without You in 5.1 just started. Later I'm gonna play the White Album in 5.1 then Abbey Road.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

That sounds fun.

I set up surround sound in the bedroom.  Within You Without You in 5.1 just started. Later I'm gonna play the White Album in 5.1 then Abbey Road.

try giving an extra ear to Ringo playing, it could be better than you think....  respectfully,  a Ringo fan    (within you without you has some great sticks....)

41 minutes ago, jvi said:

try giving an extra ear to Ringo playing, it could be better than you think....  respectfully,  a Ringo fan    (within you without you has some great sticks....)

I know Ringo is a great drummer, as a singer, well Paul made him look silly. As huge a Beatles fan as I am, I would rather he not have sung. Yellow Sub, and Octopus are all he should have ever done. The other times is just a time when they wasted a track for what could have been a better song. They always threw him the sub-par stuff to sing.    Even George's early songs I could do without.  Every time I mention The Beatles you post about Ringo. I've been listening to them since I was 10 or 11 and I'm now 53.  If Ringo wouldn't have cut it he would not have been in the group.

You trying to start s-hit again?

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

7 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I know Ringo is a great drummer, as a singer, well Paul made him look silly. As huge a Beatles fan as I am, I would rather he not have sung. Yellow Sub, and Octopus are all he should have ever done. The other times is just a time when they wasted a track for what could have been a better song. They always threw him the sub-par stuff to sing.    Even George's early songs I could do without.  Every time I mention The Beatles you post about Ringo. I've been listening to them since I was 10 or 11 and I'm now 53.  If Ringo wouldn't have cut it he would not have been in the group.

can you  be normal or  just throw crap ?

1 hour ago, jvi said:

can you  be normal or  just throw crap ?

I most certainly can but every time I make a comment about The Beatles you have to come at me with some s-hit of how great Ringo is. I understand his significance in rock and roll history and how good of a drummer he is. I don't need to hear it anymore from you.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

8 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

We've seen Ringo & his all star band 3 times now, There all great at what they do on instruments and singing except Ringo's singing.  We saw Paul 3 times too, Once with Linda. Never seen John or George. 

Forgot, What I did today. I mowed our double lot while Deb was picking up Groceries.  I have a colonoscopy set for next Tuesday. They changed my procedure as I have to fast and just drink clear liquids for 2 days. Not looking forward to this one. 

11 minutes ago, Retired said:

We've seen Ringo & his all star band 3 times now, There all great at what they do on instruments and singing except Ringo's singing.  We saw Paul 3 times too, Once with Linda. Never seen John or George. 

Saw Paul in 2015. I would go see Ringo in a heartbeat. He came a few years ago. I think I was on nights that week.

31 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Saw Paul in 2015. I would go see Ringo in a heartbeat. He came a few years ago. I think I was on nights that week.

He does his all star band now a days. He sings his Yellow Submarine song and the other one and a few more but mostly plays his drums. What we loved is the other guys in his band. He has the Santana's key board player and he is really great, They all are really.  It's worth seeing. 

1 hour ago, Retired said:

He does his all star band now a days. He sings his Yellow Submarine song and the other one and a few more but mostly plays his drums. What we loved is the other guys in his band. He has the Santana's key board player and he is really great, They all are really.  It's worth seeing. 

I know Todd Rundgren was with him. His bands are definitely All Stars.

11 hours ago, Retired said:

Forgot, What I did today. I mowed our double lot while Deb was picking up Groceries.  I have a colonoscopy set for next Tuesday. They changed my procedure as I have to fast and just drink clear liquids for 2 days. Not looking forward to this one. 

TMI ... 

Busy days.... I am working from home since 15th of March. I never thought it would be so exhausting psychically.  I kind of miss the office. But it is what it is. At least, I can dedicate more time to writing the sequel of my debut novel. 😄

catalyst2.jpg

Bence.

59 minutes ago, btoth76 said:

I kind of miss the office.

catalyst2.jpg

Bence.

I'm working from home too,  and I do not miss the office.  At the office I can't go grab a guitar and strum it for a bit  and let my brain relax, and then go back to what I'm doing. And I never have to wait for a bathroom that is occupied.  And the commute takes me absolutely no time at all.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I'm working from home too,  and I do not miss the office.  At the office I can't go grab a guitar and strum it for a bit  and let my brain relax, and then go back to what I'm doing. And I never have to wait for a bathroom that is occupied.  And the commute takes me absolutely no time at all.

Yeah, at the end of 2012 my firm closed, and sold its brick-and-mortar office.  For the 5 years thereafter I "telecommuted" to a firm whose physical office was 4 or 5 hours away, and for the last couple years have just been self-employed, still from home.  So I'm used to working from home at this point, though not used to having the missus home too.

4 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

It would be nice to meet people once in a while, though. With the rest of your arguments, I totally agree.

Bence.

Just now, btoth76 said:

It would be nice to meet people once in a while, though. With the rest of your arguments, I totally agree.

Bence.

Yes interaction can be good sometimes. I do miss people bringing in doughnuts for our morning tag up meeting.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mihcmac said:

I put a new set of Michelins on my girlfriends Buick for her upcoming birthday, I told told her she couldn't drive on then until after her BD but she didn't listen..

She's a girl so I'm guessing, no.

18 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I know Todd Rundgren was with him. His bands are definitely All Stars.

He had, Steve Lukather,  from Toto.   Gregg Rolie,  from Santana.  Colin Hay,  from  Men At work.   Hamish Stuart,  from Average White band.   Warren Ham,  he played cute & sax.  and Gregg Bissonette,   the drummer with David Le Roth.  The three times we saw them.