Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

10 hours ago, Retired said:

I went to Dietze and asked where the Riviera was. Getting ridiculous. 8 weeks now and no sign.  Third trip to the store.  A new guy I never seen before looked it up on the computer and had a depressed look.  Told me, it was never ordered.  "Well, if it was never ordered, then cancel it and order it from Sweetwater I said,  Since it's already paid for." He said they can't order from them but he would get on there Epiphone guy and put a rush on it.

I know you want to support your local store, but I would put stop on the payment and order from Sweetwater.  You will have it in a few days. Never got ordered, but you took my money. F U

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

11 hours ago, Retired said:

I went to Dietze and asked where the Riviera was. Getting ridiculous. 8 weeks now and no sign.  Third trip to the store.  A new guy I never seen before looked it up on the computer and had a depressed look.  Told me, it was never ordered.  "Well, if it was never ordered, then cancel it and order it from Sweetwater I said,  Since it's already paid for." He said they can't order from them but he would get on there Epiphone guy and put a rush on it.

I'm sorry to hear it.  I've "been there" myself with this sort of situation more than once.  

Hope you can get it sorted out quickly.

4 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

More swimming (last 2 days in the sea) . As Cherry's guest this time at her  gym. Used both indoor and outdoor pools. Finished off with the jacuzzi & shower. 

Its the best way to cool down. Its just been so hot lately. My son & his fiance just got a hot tub for the garden too. 

Slept downstairs with the air con unit on last night. Put Ry Cooder on low. Went through 5 hours worth of albums. 

Really missing my daily swim; the indoor pool in my town still hasn't re-opened.

14 hours ago, Retired said:

Wth. That is effed up Butch.

4 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Made home made pizza last night. First one ricotta, sausage and onion and the second one pep, mush and onion. The ricotta one has mozz on it to. The pep one just mozz.

as a result of this thread, l lobbied for a little of that myself, and it's on the menu for tonight 🙂

5 minutes ago, uncle fester said:

as a result of this thread, l lobbied for a little of that myself, and it's on the menu for tonight 🙂

Nice. Making dough is easy with a fancy mixing machine, and I have one. Forgot how damn good it is.

21 hours ago, Retired said:

I would be smoldering, I think you did a good job maintaining your kool, its admirable that you continue to support your local store..

Edited by mihcmac

11 hours ago, uncle fester said:

in STEREO!  nice.

Well, no stereo effects coming in, just basically Y cord. But, each amp adjusted slightly different for sound re-enforcement, kind of a Phil Spector thing. I do love playing out of multiple amps. I ran each of them at about 1/3, turned out to be be pretty loud with 2x15watt and 2x12's with my upgraded Ibanez goin tru em....  Hmmm there is life after 70.. 👀

12 hours ago, uncle fester said:

With respect to refinishing the chairs...  I was out front with the wife yesterday looking at the front porch (had just sanded and stained it).  She looked at the chairs and said - wow, I think I'll get some sandpaper and paint and refinish these.     Now that's how you do it! 🙂

Haha, I could never get Deb outside to any work.  My mom always had a saying that Women do the work inside the house and men do the work, outside. Think Debbie holds to that belief too.  While husband and wife are alive that is.  She's told me that if I die before her, She will hire workers to do the outside work. That includes 190 feet of hedges and 2 lots.  Two driveways and sidewalks, Our lots cover P sreet and Ohern.  So I told her if she dies before me, I am gettin 2 or 3 Dobermans to replace her. Haha.  I am not dating any woman again. Too old. 

12 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I know you want to support your local store, but I would put stop on the payment and order from Sweetwater.  You will have it in a few days. Never got ordered, but you took my money. F U

At first I wanted to say, pay back the cash My wife paid and I will go elsewhere.  If it wasn't for Ned there.  from now on he will be the only guy I buy a guitar from.  He just wasn't working that day.  He lets me take any guitar I want home to try out  for a week and if I don't like it, I can bring it back.  He gives me discounts also.  Thats the only reason I'm going to give these guys another chance.  I try and be a nice guy. 

11 hours ago, jdgm said:

I'm sorry to hear it.  I've "been there" myself with this sort of situation more than once.  

Hope you can get it sorted out quickly.

Thanks. Think I will go over and have a talk with Ned this week.  Make sure the new guy did order it like he said. 

6 hours ago, mihcmac said:

I would be smoldering, I think you did a good job maintaining your kool, its admirable that you continue to support your local store..

I gave up on Guitar Center years ago.  Too many new guys come and go and some of them have no clue what's going on.  At Dietze, I ran in a older guy there that says he's my Uncle Ned.  Haha. I don't know him and we're not related, but I bought enough guitars there where he really likes me.  I understand this Covid has things screwed up, but not ordering it I think reflects on their Epiphone dealer more than Dietze. I told them, they get another chance and then I'm going to Sweetwater.  Good thing I have the patience of an Oyster. Haha. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Retired said:

At first I wanted to say, pay back the cash My wife paid and I will go elsewhere.  If it wasn't for Ned there.  from now on he will be the only guy I buy a guitar from.  He just wasn't working that day.  He lets me take any guitar I want home to try out  for a week and if I don't like it, I can bring it back.  He gives me discounts also.  Thats the only reason I'm going to give these guys another chance.  I try and be a nice guy. 

I understand the loyalty thing. Its worth being patient & forgiving usually, especially when it reinforces their bond to you.

People here are being encouraged to support their local small grocery stores more as a 'thank you' when we needed them during lockdown. I tried, but last week I got overcharged at the till & didn't notice. A bottle of wine & a 4 pack of beer cost me double. I wasn't offered a till receipt. My fault for not paying attention, but it showed up on my bank statement. I wont be going back there. 

• Like 1

Spent close to 6 hours working with my son adjusting his in ground sprinklers.  Probably 30 of them - 2/3rd weren't shooting straight.  Most because they were too low. and had to be raised an inch.  Harder than it sounds with thick turf on top of crushed limestone.  Stayed cool even though it was 99 here and mostly sunny.   Missed lunch. Wish I'd had a slice of that pizza. 

5 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

Sarge, your pizza has all of us drooling. I haven't eaten pizza for years (its a weight control thing) but... yeah! Want a slice or 2 now. 🍕

I don't eat pizza all that often. Got a wild hair up my arse and decided since I hadn't made it in a while (at least 2 years) to do it. It is so easy and so much better than store bought or a chain. Next time I'm gonna make at least one a deep dish Chicago style. Best pizza I ever had was in New Jersey.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

16 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

I understand the loyalty thing. Its worth being patient & forgiving usually, especially when it reinforces their bond to you.

People here are being encouraged to support their local small grocery stores more as a 'thank you' when we needed them during lockdown. I tried, but last week I got overcharged at the till & didn't notice. A bottle of wine & a 4 pack of beer cost me double. I wasn't offered a till receipt. My fault for not paying attention, but it showed up on my bank statement. I wont be going back there. 

Yeah, that's pretty bad.  The worst I was ever ripped off was by my best man at our wedding.  He stole around $50, to $60, grand by steeling and selling my drag car in the 70's. I didn't keep any recipes for proof as it was a race car.  That ended our friendship for all time. Yep, There are crooked people out there. 

12 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I don't eat pizza all that often. Got a wild hair up my arse and decided since I hadn't made it in a while (at least 2 years) to do it. It is so easy and so much better than store bought or a chain. Next time I'm gonna make at least one a deep dish Chicago style. Best pizza I ever had was in New Jersey.

The wife made homemade Runzas for the first time tonight in decades, They were very good.  Much better than that Runza Hut.