Gibson Brands Forums

Covid19 How many in your state or country?

Mr. Gibson

19 hours ago, 'Scales said:

Will need the mother of all balancing acts over the next couple of years to get through this whole mess if that's even possible. 

Simple and accurate.  You just summed it up - worldwide.

It really has brought out the very best and very worst in people, hasn't it?

33 minutes ago, rct said:

But...it's Summer...

AKA Endless Winter...where you bunker down safe and dry at home, only venturing out to collect provisions and medicines before scurrying home again.

16 hours ago, ghost_of_fl said:

This is forcing massive changes in the public school system.  My district finished the year after March with remote learning.  Pretty good chance at the beginning of the next school year at least, we will be rotating grades between going to school and staying home for remote learning.   One big problem is, if we're supposed to keep these kids 6 feet apart, how do you bus them to school?  

You could try. Won't cut it. 

It's getting crazy

Being Swedish, I can't go ANYWHERE. 

Where I work, we just went from Level 4 which is mandatory tele work for all to Level 3, on June 25th, with is mandatory tele work for most except some can start to come back like the facility clinic and a few select others. At Level 2, I go back. I think it may be 2 to 3 weeks and I will be back at my desk.

I love being home and when I am stick of looking at at screen I can go grab a guitar for a bit and day drink on the job.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Pennsyltucky is up 600 cases since yesterday.

Let's do the Ostrich Cure Method: less testing equals less cases, PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I may have to get tested myself.  The lunatic wife brought something home with her but maybe it's just the creeping crud and not the cornhole virus.

Hope it's just the creeping crud, the UPS man is bringing me some weird looking thing with strings on it.  Don't want to croak before I have a chance to plug it in for a bit.

26 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Pennsyltucky is up 600 cases since yesterday.

Let's do the Ostrich Cure Method: less testing equals less cases, PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

I may have to get tested myself.  The lunatic wife brought something home with her but maybe it's just the creeping crud and not the cornhole virus.

Hope it's just the creeping crud, the UPS man is bringing me some weird looking thing with strings on it.  Don't want to croak before I have a chance to plug it in for a bit.

You live the dream we all want.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You live the dream we all want.

You might have a different take on things if you were with me in the bathroom.

Hopefully, my problems are all behind me, ha, ha.

No temperature but does my throat ever hurt from the sinuses going batsh*t.  

Batsh*t?  Uh oh...

37 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

You might have a different take on things if you were with me in the bathroom.

Hopefully, my problems are all behind me, ha, ha.

No temperature but does my throat ever hurt from the sinuses going batsh*t.  

Batsh*t?  Uh oh...

The Illinois Enema Bandit can sort you out.

On 27 June 2020 at 10:44 AM, Mr. Gibson said:

Just read Biden is gonna make wearing masks mandatory. We're gonna have funny tans on our face is all.

Mandatory? Thats going to make tv interesting! [laugh] ...or are the 'stars' exempt [glare]

Holy crap - since Friday Pennsyltucky is up 1618 cases, my county is up 49 and the one where they have the Liberate PA! Rallies is up 59.  At least  think they're still having those redneck rallies, maybe they ran out of beer and finally went home.

14 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Holy crap - since Friday Pennsyltucky is up 1618 cases, my county is up 49 and the one where they have the Liberate PA! Rallies is up 59.  At least  think they're still having those redneck rallies, maybe they ran out of beer and finally went home.

Could be the 'redneck' county has 20% more people than your county.   Or maybe they're doing 20% more tests.  Or maybe they have a Walmart and a bar and your county doesn't.  Could be lots of other explanations other than the 'Liberate PA'  rallies.   Might even be they had one of those Wendy's Burning Protests.   

We could use more bars but Wally World (the source of all things good) is only a short motorcycle ride away.

Good old  Dauphin County has jumped up to over 2045 cases (the idiots).  Here they are at play the day they had 400 cases not too long ago:

s8SN3GZ.jpg

Those guys and the rioters, I don't know what their problem is.  I think they all forgot to focus on HEALTH CRISIS, do the right thing.  

The entire state jumped 618 cases since yesterday.  Just crazy.

On 18 May 2020 at 9:26 AM, Black Dog said:

I am really curious to see what will happen in the Southern Hemisphere.  The virus came to you in your summer.  As you go into the Flu season it's going to be very interesting.  It seems that there have been very few cases in Australia.  If not very many people have had it, then there will be no herd immunity and I would suspect that it should come back fairly significantly.  OTOH, if there have been a lot of asymptomatic or mild infections then maybe not.   For everyone's sake I hope that's the case.   We'll find out soon enough. 

We had 2 elderly people die in June (first month of winter) sadly. I think there were none in New Zealand  so well done to our mates over there. July and August may be worse, but I wouldn't say winter versus summer has been a big factor here so far.