Gibson Brands Forums

New Year's Resolutions

SteveFord

Does anyone still make them?

No sense in making unreleastic, virtuous ones that you'll never keep.  Quit smoking, exercise more, save money - yeah, right, that'll happen. 

What's the point of setting such laughable, lofty goals?

I resolve to buy 3 new guitars.  It won't be easy but I think I can do it if I apply myself to the task and don't let myself get distracted.

Anybody else?  

• Thanks 1

Nope! I never make them.  Last year however, I told my wife that I wouldn't trade off my Saturn Vue, and she did in fact trade it off for a Subaru Ascent. Haha, She claimed  it was nickel  and dimming us to death. (No, thats what getting new  $3,000.00 License plates does) Nickel & Dime you. My Saturn plates were like $20.00

More gambling. I've been having a good run on Yahtzee the last 3 months,much to the other players dismay lol. 

How sweet it is. Money won is better than money earned as they say, then there's the glory of winning.

Scrabble is another big money winner, the secret is to learn all the the two letter words you can and hope for a Z,Q, and J so you can sneak it in on a triple word. Or if you can't get a high score,sabatoge the other players chances where you can.

On 1/1/2021 at 9:21 AM, rct said:

I only need a couple more guitars, but I resolve to not buy any until I get some things done with my existing guitars.

rct

Actually that is a good one I may hi-jack as well.  I am not usually the type that makes the resolutions but hey,  It is something different to do.  I also would like to buy three guitars...My wife would be happy if I only buy three, I have bought four since the pandemic started.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kelly campbell said:

Actually that is a good one I may hi-jack as well.  I am not usually the type that makes the resolutions but hey,  It is something different to do.  I also would like to buy three guitars...My wife would be happy if I only buy three, I have bought four since the pandemic started.

Mrs is happy if I buy a couple more, that's my own scary good luck there.  But I'm just tired of "I'm going to..." fill in the machines or pickups and tele and strat and whatever.  I resolved in early December and I'm almost done actually.

rct